Security Installer Community

Scantronic Eaton 9448 tamper light always on

Hi everyone just joined to hopefully get a problem solved,  My real name is Tom and I've been a plumber all my working life and during that time fitted a couple of alarm systems to my own homes but, This one has me beat,  Its a scantronic 9448 with a SDR-WEXT-00 Bell box and when I powered it up, The tamper light on the key pad is on, So I checked all the tamper loops and they are closed, They are the PIR's, bell box, I've not fitted a tamper to the door sensors, but the light stays on and so the alarm cannot be set, The leds in the bell box are flashing blue and I've posted a vid,

Can someone tell  me what I' missed ?  thanks in advance 

ok thanks James , ok yea I understand that wire is visible but its too high for the opportunist and the pro is gonna go find an easier target ( thats my thinking anyway)  so where is the Sab tamper ?  the bell box tamper is working, I've tested it with my mulitmeter  and the casing trip switch is working, i can hear the ' click' as i screw it up , 

Thanks for your response, 👌

5 minutes ago, Pi on here said:

I should further add, I've tried the support/help email from scantronic 3 times and as yet, there is no reply, 😒

They will only support trade its not b&q type stuff.

re the tamper you will have tamper loop in the panel, sab tamper in the panel and keypad tampers.

ALso the sab tamper may be ok at the sab is it ok at the panel?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, Pi on here said:

Hi everyone just joined to hopefully get a problem solved,  My real name is Tom and I've been a plumber all my working life and during that time fitted a couple of alarm systems to my own homes but, This one has me beat,  Its a scantronic 9448 with a SDR-WEXT-00 Bell box and when I powered it up, The tamper light on the key pad is on, So I checked all the tamper loops and they are closed, They are the PIR's, bell box, I've not fitted a tamper to the door sensors, but the light stays on and so the alarm cannot be set, The leds in the bell box are flashing blue and I've posted a vid,

Can someone tell  me what I' missed ?  thanks in advance 

Pictures of bell wiring at the bell and pictures of wiring of the main PCB would be good to look at 

I'm thinking the bell box wiring might be where its at because, its confusing, I understand the , 12v and 0v/grd , you can't go wrong there but the bell wire and strobe wire is not clear so I'm thinking, this is where I've gone wrong, does that make sense, I can provide pics but obviously I'll need to get the ladder out, can you instruct me what goes where please,,

thanks Tom

43 minutes ago, Pi on here said:

I'm thinking the bell box wiring might be where its at because, its confusing, I understand the , 12v and 0v/grd , you can't go wrong there but the bell wire and strobe wire is not clear so I'm thinking, this is where I've gone wrong, does that make sense, I can provide pics but obviously I'll need to get the ladder out, can you instruct me what goes where please,,

thanks Tom

No not really 

Because the bell and strobe usually a negative trigger , connected to an output at panel

The tamper will be a tamper terminal , but possibly you have connected it to the wrong terminal or missed a link from a second tamper terminal to zero volts , if the bell has it