Security Installer Community

Connecting a Scantronic 9448+ to an from Connecting a Scantronic 9448+ to an Eaton SDR-WEXT-00 external sounder

James.Wilson suggested that it "sounds like your strobe is configured the wrong way. It will need inverting in the panel if the panel is wrong or the bell etc "

I'm afraid I don't know how to do this James. Apologies for my dimness !

14 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Looks like there are 2 tamper terminals. I'd assume a link from 0v to the other tamper connection? 

Yes can you invert the strobe in the panel or sounder? 

Ah man that was my next move , I assumed he missed that hence wanted the pics 

Your just to fast 

I've connected GND to the second TAMPER terminal and that's fixed the tamper problem.

I still get the blue LED's strobing permanently. Can you explain what I need to do to invert the strobe in the panel or sounder ?

I tried removing the BLF jumper but it didn't make any difference I'm afraid. (The documentation says that the jumper sets 'Low input required' or 'High input required'.)

I'm guessing that the problem is being caused by the 9448+ control box. Everything else works as it should including the tamper switch on the siren box which activates the siren when released.