Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 equipment questions...

I've decided to run with a new Texecom intruder alarm system, however I have a few questions. My father in law has asked Texecom, but they're a bit casual on getting back to us. Is anyone here familiar with their kit please? My questions are red in the table below....

Can I assume the two following panels are the same except for the case?  
Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel Metal CAA-0004
Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel (Plastic?) CAA-0026

Can I assume the following item is correct for the above panels  
Texecom Premier Elite iProx Kit includes iProx and External iProx Reader BBC-0001

Can I assume the following reader is to have an additional reader once the above iProx has been installed?  
Texecom External IProx Reader Access Control  BBB-0001

Will I need to order the following Tags, or are some included with the iProx Kit?  
Texecom Premier Elite Proximity Tags (Pack of 5) CDB-0001

Is the following item correct for the Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel?  
Texecom Connect SmartCom Ethernet & Wifi Communicator  CEL-0001

Is the following item correct for the Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel?  
Texecom Premier Elite Standard LCD Remote Keypad DBA-0001
Texecom Premier Elite LCDL Large Screen Remote Keypad DBB-0001

Presumably I won't need this if I have the BBC-001 iProx kit?  
Texecom Premier Elite LCDLP Large Screen & Proximity Remote Keypad DBD-0002

Are the following items correct for the Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel?  
Texecom Ricochet Wireless Micro Door Contact Midnight Black GHA-0014
Texecom Odyssey X-BE Grade 2 Sounder with Integral Backlight WDC-0001
Premier Odyssey X-BE External Sounder Backplate c/w Backlight Louder WDC-0002

Are the following detectors correct for the Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel?  
Texecom Ricochet Impaq SC-W VIBER Wireless Shock and Contact White GJA-0001
Texecom Ricochet Wireless P15-W Capture 15m PIR Detector  GDA-0001
Texecom Ricochet Wireless Q20-W Capture 20m Quad PIR Detector GDB-0001
Pyronix Enforcer Wireless 12m Dual Technology PIR Detector  KX12DT3-WE

Thanks in advance for useful answers 🙂

Support for products are for trade installers.

1 Mostly, PCB and Software same. Cab allows larger standby and larger output PSU.

2 iProx will work

3 It's extra outdoor reader, pretty sure it's one external reader per iProx

4 No tags come with iProx

5 Smartcom is compatible but need a trade account to register for Cloud only "DIY option" is GSM-COM

6 Either but neither is Prox

7 This is where you start to seem completely lost - it's just another keypad variant with Prox and yes you'll need a keypad.

8 You haven't got a wireless system, most bells will work but I wouldn't use a backlit one.

9 Again not wireless system and a random Enforcer passive...!?

I think you should seriously consider getting a quote for someone to do it, if you value your time and security.

Your not sure on product types or what is compatible and how it goes together.

Very little of it will come with a manual, some older stock may have a quick leaflet but not the panels.

Whatever your trying to do with this iProx stuff will rely on good programming knowledge to get working, I'd query the design. 

Thanks sixwheeledbeast for high lighting the shortfall of the CAA-0004/26 panels. Basically I forgot to add the Premier Elite 8XP-W (Part code GCD-0001).

You also said "most bells will work but I wouldn't use a backlit one". What's your reason for not using a backlit unit please? I was going to mount it inside a non Texecom cover as I have several kicking around.

There can be unforeseen planning permission issues and they are unnecessary light pollution.

You can fit them without connecting the backlight on the X's, but can purchase the twin siren non-X ones for similar price.

Covering a new box with what I guess is some old C-Type cover would remove the deterrent of a shiny new box and reduce sound output.

If you are thinking of not buying a lid for this sounder it just will not work, they need a compatible lid.

• Upvote 1

The site issue is that its remote with the near neighbours or tarmacked road, they're over a mile away, so need it as loud as possible! If after install and not being able to hear it a couple of fields away (to the neighbours) I'll add an extra sound bomb or two LOL. Isolating the back light is not a bad idea. My reason for this choice was it claims to be louder. I'll check out the lid sizing though.

Once again, thank you 🙂

8 minutes ago, SteveDaBeard said:

so need it as loud as possible! If after install and not being able to hear it a couple of fields away (to the neighbours) I'll add an extra sound bomb or two LOL.

Mice fart louder than most current external sounders

Sticking lots of stuff on the alarm means lost of current drawn in alarm all my P24 need 9Ah batterys

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Before I hit the buy now buttons, can anyone confirm the following items will work with one another, then the only items I will need is sensors and bell/siren boxes?

Texecom Premier Elite iProx Kit includes iProx and External Prox Reader BBC-0001
Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel Metal  CAA-0004
Texecom Connect SmartCom Ethernet & Wifi Communicator (no prox) CEL-0001
Texecom Ricochet Premier Elite IXP-W Expansion Pack (8XP-W) GEC-0002
Texecom Premier Elite LCDLP-W Wireless LCD Keypad GCE-0001

Thanks in advance 🙂