Security Installer Community

Connecting a Scantronic 9448+ to an from Connecting a Scantronic 9448+ to an Eaton SDR-WEXT-00 external sounder

I'm trying to connect a new Scantronic 9448+ control panel to a remote 9427 control pad. I have installed a loop on the anti-tamper connections but the pad permanently lights its anti-tamper indicator and won't arm.

I've connected a single magnetic door switch to the EE entry/exit connectors (it's for an outbuilding with a single door).
I haven't connected a strobe/siren box or any backup batteries at all yet.

There are 4 connections between the control box and the remote pad :
12V to 12V
0V to 0V
DATA to DATA
CLK to CLK
(Even I couldn't get these wrong!)

After powering it up I can silence the internal sounder by entering the default user code and I can get into the programming mode and set all of the six zones as 'Not used'.
But the Tamper indicator still glows and I'm unable to set the alarm without triggering the sounder.

If anybody can offer any advice I'd be very grateful.

Edited by MrHappy

Hi. Thanks for your interest.

Yes, I've connected 0V and TR on the 9448+ while the siren isn't connected. (I'm just trying get it set up on my bench at the moment prior to actually installing it.)

The tamper switches on the control box and the remote keypad are both held shut with rubber bands.

7 hours ago, SalopMan said:

Hi. Thanks for your interest.

Yes, I've connected 0V and TR on the 9448+ while the siren isn't connected. (I'm just trying get it set up on my bench at the moment prior to actually installing it.)

The tamper switches on the control box and the remote keypad are both held shut with rubber bands.

So disconnect everything and close the tamper loop aswell that way you know everything is how it should be