Security Installer Community

ljd dedicated lite4

Guest eddiefast

Guest eddiefast
Seems pretty good quality that.

What model do you have?

37220[/snapback]

hi brain

this is the cheepest dvr i could fined for home this is the dedicated 4 ljd light

:)

eddie

Guest eddiefast
Thanks Pete. What about the frame rate? Is it shared between the inputs and can you adjust it for different camera's, times etc?

37231[/snapback]

the frame rate is 50fps and the play back quaility is 720x240

eddie :blink:

Guest eddiefast

hi ian

can you do me a favour can you have a look at the spec on both dvr's

and let me know what think

many thanks

eddie

:w00t:

its the record quality i am iterested in

any help off anyone in forum would be great :!:

kodicom.pdf

dvr1.pdf

The Kodicom unit is better spec'd by far, in terms of frame rate it is 100fps against 25fps depending on the model/version.

There are other non comparables also though such as, 4 inputs against 16, the add ons like CD-RW and LAN.

Having never used or seen a Kodicom unit i wouldnt like to say it is the better unit but on paper it should be.

Again its like i told you, horses for courses. Its all about where your going to install the DVR and for what purpose, and often most importantly, whats the budget.

The kodicom thing is bigger so will take up more space and needs a mouse to use it so takes up even more space, most likly on a desk. The Hunt unit is VCR size and can sit out the way on a shelf along with the monitor.

One has up to 16 inputs the has 4 max, are you likely to need to add more cameras in the future?

If the unit fails whats the support like?

To be fair if your wanting real quality recordings then maybe your looking at the wrong units anyway. I know the quality of the Hunt 4 way is reasonable, good value for money at £240.

• 4 months later...
Guest LJD sales manager

we are just launching an ip server that gives remote support on our dedicated range of dvrs

Archived