Security Installer Community

Eurosec CP8L Decommissioning to update to Pyronix Euro 46

Hi, thank you for letting me join the forum.

Been looking around for definitive decommissioning instructions of the Eurocentric CP8L system but so far I’ve come up with mixed responses.

My setup is as follows, CP8L system with keypad, 2 zones, 3 PIR, door sensor and sounder unit outside. The plan is to update to Pyronix 46 with Lan module for app updates/ setting as doing away with the BT landline and using Starlink.

Can I just insert my code to access menu on the keypad to decommission? No idea if installer changer engineer code from 1234 or 5678

Is there a sub menu to disable alarm when I open panel  as that will set off the tamper alert to disconnect the internal battery?

Otherwise is my only option to disconnect mains power, open the control box and disconnect the internal battery and hope external alarm sounder has no internal battery.

I have already purchased the Pyronix system (deliver this week) and hoping to use the existing wiring, PIRs, external sounder and door sensor.

Thank you in advance.

16 hours ago, Noyfb2023 said:

Hi, thank you for letting me join the forum.

Been looking around for definitive decommissioning instructions of the Eurocentric CP8L system but so far I’ve come up with mixed responses.

My setup is as follows, CP8L system with keypad, 2 zones, 3 PIR, door sensor and sounder unit outside. The plan is to update to Pyronix 46 with Lan module for app updates/ setting as doing away with the BT landline and using Starlink.

Can I just insert my code to access menu on the keypad to decommission? No idea if installer changer engineer code from 1234 or 5678

Is there a sub menu to disable alarm when I open panel  as that will set off the tamper alert to disconnect the internal battery?

Otherwise is my only option to disconnect mains power, open the control box and disconnect the internal battery and hope external alarm sounder has no internal battery.

I have already purchased the Pyronix system (deliver this week) and hoping to use the existing wiring, PIRs, external sounder and door sensor.

Thank you in advance.

As above just take it apart and switch it all off bit by bit , I would start with switching off mains , the disconnect battery, mean while your external bell and perhaps internal bell might being going lunatic stylee , hopefully you already have your ladders setup and ready to smash it to bits if it doesn't play ball 

Btw if old panel still works , leave it in place and set up your new system on the bench , set it up in how you want it to generally work and then install it after , unless your confident anyway , you can still rip out old one