Security Installer Community

Old wickes burglar alarm

I have tried to replace the back up battery,which I have done previously,,,taken off control panel cover,,the sounders worked,,changed battery,,then replaced cover,,tried to reset system but would not reset,,,tried a few times,and removed battery and mains power off and on but will not reset,,checked all wiring inside panel,and nothing out of place,,is there some way of doing a factory reset ,it does not give much info in manual,,thanks

126B4D48-273E-4C89-A94C-9F8478FAD365.thumb.jpeg.f8658ec2b461fd1bf25995ca21c5655d.jpeg

Edited by Tel3
Wording

From what I can make of the smeary image, Guardall Racsal.

Possibly the lids not on correctly, can't remember if they have a spring tamper.

When replacing the battery you need to check the panels charging circuit isn't faulty with a multimeter.

There is more to servicing an alarm than stuffing a battery in every now and then.

I certainly wouldn't recommend defaulting if you don't know how to reprogram it, even if you do find a manual.

If the memory is scrambled it needs replacing not reprogramming, but I doubt that's the issue anyway.

We don't provide defaulting information or manuals here as per our guidelines.

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

From what I can make of the smeary image, Guardall Racsal.

Possibly the lids not on correctly, can't remember if they have a spring tamper.

When replacing the battery you need to check the panels charging circuit isn't faulty with a multimeter.

There is more to servicing an alarm than stuffing a battery in every now and then.

I certainly wouldn't recommend defaulting if you don't know how to reprogram it, even if you do find a manual.

If the memory is scrambled it needs replacing not reprogramming, but I doubt that's the issue anyway.

We don't provide defaulting information or manuals here as per our guidelines.

Thank you for your info

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Press star hash or the other way round, once the panel is shut. as SWB make sure the lid is closed properly. The panel is 30 years old though so it may just be knackered

Thank you for your info

2 hours ago, Tel3 said:

Thank you for your info

8822A06A-CE0F-4D4D-825C-DC7B51E6FB87.thumb.jpeg.ab0cc1b3e0f35a559df1f52fc4fde7f3.jpeg8822A06A-CE0F-4D4D-825C-DC7B51E6FB87.thumb.jpeg.ab0cc1b3e0f35a559df1f52fc4fde7f3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tel3 said:

Thank you for your info

would appreciate anymore suggestions on my topic,,thanks

Anymore suggestions would be appreciated,before I attempt to rectify my control panel thanks

In order to help we need more info. What lights are on? What is happening not happening, saying that the panel wont reset could mean lots of different things, it doesnt give s much to go on. its as much help as your blurry picture

I installed this alarm,28 to 30 yrs ago,,worked perfectly,changed battery a couple of times,but this time,on taking cover off,I inadvertently did not enter code to silence sounder,and proceeded to change battery,and replaced cover,but alarm would not reset.,,,I have noticed on an internet engineers manual for this alarm,Guardall Rascal,,that by putting a link in the ###, on control board,this will put the system back to factory settings,,my question is,,after winding down the system,and putting this link in,,( I have no idea yet,how and where this link is on the board),,would doing this will the system stop sounding and showing alarms,and then allowing me to proceed with set up procedure in manual,,thank you.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No defaulting information