Security Installer Community

Question

Does anyone know if the Optima XM6 panels were known for the battery circuit going kaput, we have one, battery dead, even if we changed the battery, the battery circuit is kaput so a new battery won't keep the panel powered during a power cut, panel works by the way. 

Sounds stupid I know, but it is a genuine question, as our one is the only one AFAIK that has the battery circuit issue 

Edited by UKAlarmGuy
Extra info

Alarm enthusiast and furry 

Ah a question...

Yes I'd say most old ADE stuff I see is tired and has either no or very low charging rate.

Every battery replacement should come with checking the charging rate and off mains change over, it's pointless and wasteful throwing a new battery in for it to drain out.

Just now, sixwheeledbeast said:

Ah a question...

Yes I'd say most old ADE stuff I see is tired and has either no or very low charging rate.

Every battery replacement should come with checking the charging rate and off mains change over, it's pointless and wasteful throwing a new battery in for it to drain out.

Makes sense, we don't really use it unless we've had a power cut otherwise it rings for 20 minutes on the external sounder and the panel sounder

Alarm enthusiast and furry