Security Installer Community

Ademco alarm not setting - help please

Hi all, I would really appreciate a bit of help here please.

I have an alarm box is an ademco xpc microtech accord 8 with the keypad as pictured.

IMG20230120234312.jpg

I had to switch the power off at the circuit breaker and later that night when I went to set the alarm to the "Night Set" (Easy Set 3) it beeped 3 times and never set.

After testing this more, it turns out the "Full Set" (Easy Set 1) doesn't work either, it gives the 3 beeps. When it was working you would hear 2 beeps and set but now you hear 3 beeps but doesn't set.

I noticed that if I try and set it by entering the code and then 1 for full set or the code and then 3 for night set the alarm shows that zone 8 is tripping.

The interesting thing is I don't have a zone 8!

Could this be a battery fault or something else? Any tips would be amazing.

The call out charge for an alarm guy locally is £150 which I don't have at the moment.

Thanks.

buy a battery & stick it on your old system

or

forward a picture of the keypad, end station & eternal sounder to the nearest independent alarm company-

with the wording

Hi following a power cut my alarm went faulty, how much would be to replace x no. of keypad the control panel & external sounder as spending £150 on your old tat is was of money....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• 4 weeks later...