Security Installer Community

Veritas 8R wont set, tamper light on

Hello everyone.

I've been struggling with my alarm system to get it work. By struggling I mean I was searching internet for days for solution for my problem which is that alarm dont want to be set. This would not be too much of a problem if not the one thing.. I am redecorating house and soon I will have to turn my power off to add some more lights and sockets, but when I turn the power off the internal alarm speaker starts beeping and at this point it scared me off and I turned power back on and then typed my code in and pressed reset. It was all quite.

Previous owner of the house left me only the alarm code and nothing else. I don't have engineer code and I don't know which zone is for which room or door. I got into conclusion that battery inside my box is due to be changed. I got recommended battery already which is 7amh and its quite big, but as far as I know it will fit the main panel box. I haven't fit it yet as I dont know what to expect to happen when I open the box
I wanted to do walk test and find out which zone indicates which room, but without engineer I cannot enter programming mode.

I will attach a video how my control panel behaves when I try to set it full first and reset, and again type the code in and let you see what lights are flashing. Maybe some of you will be able to tell me what is going on. The sound when I try to set full I coming from the main control box upstairs. The panel beeps 8 times, which I am assuming is tamper in one of the zones. And as far as I know if that would be power problem it would be 9 beeps.
Tonight at 4am internal alarm went off. Alarm was unset. It wasn't beeping, it was just continues sound, like really fast beeping, I don't know how to describe it better. It was not very loud, because it did not wake me up, my partner woke me up. But also It wasn't quite so I am assuming it was tamper alarm. Putting code and reset silenced it. Zone 2 was lit on, but again I do not know where it can be. That night was very windy, like a lot. I can assume it is a bell box, maybe, maybe not.

I am located in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
Link for video: 

And the picture of my panel.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fb5075b6a71f393663b9c3bf89214fb.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Adrian1993

It's beeping 9 times indicating a Tamper, locate the tamper with a multimeter?

If the system hasn't been service in a long while the charging circuit may be faulty and should be checked before a battery replacement.

You can walk test without entering engineers mode but it's not going to help here.

If you not sure what your doing get an installer to look at it. Ignoring it or leaving it unmaintained will only cause you more issues in the future.

Systems need regular maintenance or they will let you down at the most inconvenient time and upset your neighbours.

It's a red light model so Pre-2k meaning it's over 22 years old, any manual you find on the internet will likely be the wrong one for that model...

Also don't reuse that code.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's beeping 9 times indicating a Tamper, locate the tamper with a multimeter?

If the system hasn't been service in a long while the charging circuit may be faulty and should be checked before a battery replacement.

You can walk test without entering engineers mode but it's not going to help here.

If you not sure what your doing get an installer to look at it. Ignoring it or leaving it unmaintained will only cause you more issues in the future.

Systems need regular maintenance or they will let you down at the most inconvenient time and upset your neighbours.

It's a red light model so Pre-2k meaning it's over 22 years old, any manual you find on the internet will likely be the wrong one for that model...

Also don't reuse that code.

I did really wanted to fix it myself. But it is well over my competence. And secondly its very old alarm and I am assuming previous owner did not maintained it very well. So it would be good idea to find someone to take a closer look.
And you are right. It does beeps 9 times, my bad.
And thank for letting me know about the manuals.
I will have engineer on monday to take a look at it.
What do you mean to not reuse that code? 

aux fuse, battery failed + tamper issue (everything)

5 hours ago, Adrian1993 said:

I am located in Grantham, Lincolnshire.

A big shout out to you sister, uncle, cousin & wife.....

Which in Grantham will probably all be the same person ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God