Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 part set entry tone

jonwillis

Hi,

Battery needed to be replaced on my mom's control unit, however by the time this was done, it had reset itself to factory defaults. I've reconfigured the zone types, and omitted zone 2 (landing) for part set. Everything is PIR, there are no door contracts. And everything is working, but..

In full set mode, When entering the house, zone 1 (hallway) is triggered, entry tone starts as expected and you can turn the alarm off before it activates.

However, in part set mode, When coming downstairs into zone 1 (hallway). The keypad makes a single click, instead of the entry tone. Then after around 10 seconds it starts an entry tone shortly followed by the alarm going off.

I've tried changing zone types, entry/exit timeouts, triggering from different zones and it's the same. Full set has an entry tone, part set has no entry tone. There is an option to silent set part mode for exit, but no setting for entry.

In the meantime I've disabled the upstairs landing, and she uses full set for leaving the house and at night, so it plays the entry tone in all circumstances.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing to have the entry tone play in part set?

I found the topic below that seemed to indicate this is intended behaviour but I used to live here 12 years ago and my mom is also adamant the entry tone worked in part set mode too prior to the battery replacement. The entry tone is important as she'll forget to turn the alarm off before walking into another room.

Edited by jonwillis
Clarification

13 minutes ago, jonwillis said:

Hi,

Battery needed to be replaced on my mom's control unit, however by the time this was done, it had reset itself to factory defaults. I've reconfigured the zone types, and omitted zone 2 (landing) for part set. Everything is PIR, there are no door contracts. And everything is working, but..

In full set mode, When entering the house, zone 1 (hallway) is triggered, entry tone starts as expected and you can turn the alarm off before it activates.

However, in part set mode, When coming downstairs into zone 1 (hallway). The keypad makes a single click, instead of the entry tone. Then after around 10 seconds it starts an entry tone shortly followed by the alarm going off.

I've tried changing zone types, entry/exit timeouts, triggering from different zones and it's the same. Full set has an entry tone, part set has no entry tone. There is an option to silent set part mode for exit, but no setting for entry.

In the meantime I've disabled the upstairs landing, and she uses full set for leaving the house and at night, so it plays the entry tone in all circumstances.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing to have the entry tone play in part set?

I found the topic below that seemed to indicate this is intended behaviour but I used to live here 12 years ago and my mom is also adamant the entry tone worked in part set mode too prior to the battery replacement. The entry tone is important as she'll forget to turn the alarm off before walking into another room.

The entry tone will be clicking until the last 10 seconds when you get a audible beep

This can't be changed unless the entry timer is set to 10 seconds 

Edited by Imnotshankled

Just now, Imnotshankled said:

The entry tone will be clicking until the last 10 seconds when you get a audible beep

This is the issue we are having, when the hallway zone is triggered (setup as entry/exit), there is a singular very quiet click, and then it stays silent (no clicking) up until the external bell goes off after around 30 seconds.

It seems like the entry tone should be playing or atleast something (constant clicks not just the one) to indicate the alarm is counting down.

Next time I'm over I can take a video and upload it if that helps.

Just now, jonwillis said:

This is the issue we are having, when the hallway zone is triggered (setup as entry/exit), there is a singular very quiet click, and then it stays silent (no clicking) up until the external bell goes off after around 30 seconds.

It seems like the entry tone should be playing or atleast something (constant clicks not just the one) to indicate the alarm is counting down.

Next time I'm over I can take a video and upload it if that helps.

This can't be changed or altered unless you set the time to 10 seconds or less

8 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The panel shouldn't loose it's memory like this, the charging rate should also be checked with a meter upon replacement.

The loudspeakers can fail if it's the built-in ones or maybe the speaker wire snapped or come loose if your only hearing keypad clicks and you think it was louder.

Early 1996 veritas panels have no NVM protection   

The part set exit and entry tone is supposed to be a clicking tone and you only get a beep at the last 10 seconds 

The hardware changed in 2000.

"Non-voliate memory" retaining programming is in the name... a panel is useless if it looses its memory upon power loss or faulty battery, no matter what is broken.

Generally if they loose memory once, they'll do it again no matter which hardware revision Veritas

Yes, the clicking is correct, I didn't question that if you read...