Security Installer Community

Sl8 compact alarm not working

Kagzy

Hi everyone  can I get some help please?

One of my pir sensors was faulty would randomly go off in the night, so I stupidly decided to change it myself with a new D20 one, I wired it up accordingly and now I noticed that non of the sensors in the house have the red led motion light blinking anymore, when I input the alarm code in the separate panel now all the zone lights light up red and it makes the beeping noise but the alarm won't set anymore. I've tried looking online but can not find anything, please help!

how do you know they were fine, did you check them with a multimeter? The battery one is your charging circuit when was the battery last replaced, if that fuse has blown its normally because the battery is drawing too much current, in other words knackered

The fuses are glass fuses and the only one that has a break that I can see in the wire is the 13v/speaker.

In regards to the battery the red connection to it looks like it corroded away years ago (just saw this when I opened it) but has been working fine without this

1 hour ago, Kagzy said:

next step is to replace the battery, thanks guys!

Lets hope its not too late for that, if the battery has been pulling the charging circuit down enough to blow a fuse it may be your panel is unable to charge a new battery