Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370 Engineer code

Guest Adrenochrome

Guest Adrenochrome

Hi Folks,

I Am hoping someone can help me :)

My Gardtec 370 is showing the code to call the engineer (yearly service) but all my phone calls to him have been in vain (he hasn't returned my calls :no: )

As a result of this i cannot set my alarm :o Does anyone know the engineer code for this alarm or can someone point me in the direction of the engineer manual so that i can get it back up and running again please.

Regards

Adrenochrome.

The engineer code will probably be unique to your installer, but can be defaulted. You should still have your alarm serviced every year. Post your location and somone here will be able to take over maintenance of your system, or find a local installer in the yellow pages.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Adrenochrome
The engineer code will probably be unique to your installer, but can be defaulted. You should still have your alarm serviced every year. Post your location and somone here will be able to take over maintenance of your system, or find a local installer in the yellow pages.

:)

33802[/snapback]

All the engineer ever done previously was type in some numbers for the service :(

Now he isn't returning calls i'm stuffed.

If the code is unique to the installer then how can another company help me :no:

Do you know the default code so i could at least try it?

I am in Central Scotland.

Regards

Adrenochrome

your alarm needs to be defaulted. Information on how to do this will not be given out on the public forums. Your alarm codes can be defaulted by a professional. Try Colin at www.alarmgard.com , he covers your area and should be able to help

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Adrenochrome
your alarm needs to be defaulted. Information on how to do this will not be given out on the public forums. Your alarm codes can be defaulted by a professional. Try Colin at www.alarmgaurd.com , he covers your area and should be able to help

33814[/snapback]

Thank You

Adrenochrome.

My Gardtec 370 is showing the code to call the engineer (yearly service) but all my phone calls to him have been in vain (he hasn't returned my calls :no: )

33799[/snapback]

One last try and let him know if you dont get a responce you will complain to his inspectorate SSAIB/NSI if he isnt in an inspectorate you paid your money and took your chance. :whistle:

Jef

Customers!

What are the views of installers about someone configuring a panel so it can't be set unless its serviced?

If a company installed a panel in my home that was programmed that way without them having informed me, I wouldn't allow them in the house again. No discussion.

It can compromise the customer's security, which surely is not a defensible action. What view would an insurance company take if the house was burgled when the alarm couldn't be set?

If your car reports that its service is due, it doesn't just stop in the road.

Panels should at least provide the option of having the "service due" message display for a certain time period (say a week or two) until the panel locks the user out.

Allso

Panels should at least provide the option of having the "service due" message display for a certain time period (say a week or two) until the panel locks the user out.

33827[/snapback]

That's what this panel does. But you're right it shouldnt have been enabled.

Archived