Security Installer Community

Risco 2 button panic alarm wireless fob issue

James R

Hi all 

Got a Gardtec panel that has 2 panic alarm wireless fobs as zones 92 and 93 

When customer started setting procedure - alarm wouldn't set and got a alert message on one of the panic fobs - wouldn't reset with engineers code and kept into 'alert! Enter code' or something to that effect. It leads me to think the panel thinks the fob is being pressed due to a fault and won't set as a result - all the alarm reset codes are either 'any code' or 'engineers code' so I don't think there's a different code that I don't know for PA reset. Wondered if any one has had similar issues? Or have any info

Regards 

Hi all 

When customer started setting procedure - alarm wouldn't set and got a alert message on one of the panic fobs - wouldn't reset with engineers code and kept into 'alert! Enter code' or something to that effect. It leads me to think the panel thinks the fob is being pressed due to a fault and won't set as a result - all the alarm reset codes are either 'any code' or 'engineers code' so I don't think there's a different code that I don't know for PA reset. Wondered if any one has had similar issues? Or have any info

Regards 

2 hours ago, James R said:

Hi all 

When customer started setting procedure - alarm wouldn't set and got a alert message on one of the panic fobs - wouldn't reset with engineers code and kept into 'alert! Enter code' or something to that effect. It leads me to think the panel thinks the fob is being pressed due to a fault and won't set as a result - all the alarm reset codes are either 'any code' or 'engineers code' so I don't think there's a different code that I don't know for PA reset. Wondered if any one has had similar issues? Or have any info

Regards 

Might not help much , it's normal all these weird faults on disco gear

But most hate them here ,H might know or asicc dude whatever his sign on is lol

Silly question is button stuck? Batteries changed or just tested , powered down and up to see if it clears , or try new fob

11 hours ago, aissecur said:

Have you put new batteries in the fob? 

may be worth deleting the fobs & then relearning them 

If you delete them, learn one, test it if all ok learn the other 

Hi, the alarm was serviced recently (couple of weeks) batts changed... 

Yeah, I gonna get a new one, learn it on and take it from there. 

Regards 

20 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Might not help much , it's normal all these weird faults on disco gear

But most hate them here ,H might know or asicc dude whatever his sign on is lol

Silly question is button stuck? Batteries changed or just tested , powered down and up to see if it clears , or try new fob

Is the general consensus on this site that risco gear is pony? 

2 minutes ago, James R said:

Hi, the alarm was serviced recently (couple of weeks) batts changed... 

Yeah, I gonna get a new one, learn it on and take it from there. 

Regards 

Is the general consensus on this site that risco gear is pony? 

More than pony on this site....

3 minutes ago, James R said:

Got a lot of sites where the previous 'ahem' contracter has put risco pa alarm fobs everywhere - would you recommend swapping them out?

I don't like there equipment , but some her do use some stuff , there wireless is dodgy 

But you will get better evaluation from others , there's plenty of threads on the stuff trade side 

Once you had your covict19 jab they will let you in 

6 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I don't like there equipment , but some her do use some stuff , there wireless is dodgy 

But you will get better evaluation from others , there's plenty of threads on the stuff trade side 

Once you had your covict19 jab they will let you in 

? We use texecom as standard. Had a few issues with risco wireless gear recently. Something we're having to look after.. Installers by previous contactors - they must have loved as they've put everywhere 

6 minutes ago, James R said:

? We use texecom as standard. Had a few issues with risco wireless gear recently. Something we're having to look after.. Installers by previous contactors - they must have loved as they've put everywhere 

Odd it's not even that cheap , unless they had special deals I suppose ....