Security Installer Community

Optex

Only Grade 3 installs will have to be EOL, for Grade 2 double pole is fine.

I don't think the KX detectors are Grade 3 either (no anti masking).

How have you found them? I know they recalled loads but don't know why.

33142[/snapback]

Mike sorry have said so many times "we only install monitored alarm" i sometimes forget others dont. The anti mask is being tested but not on general sale. As for the recall, yes this is correct, there was a problem with the lens and PYRONIX have remedied this. We have installed only 200 units so far so its to early to compare against the RX 40 but the idea is good and so far we have no worrys.

jef

Customers!

Guest MKAlarms
Mike sorry have said so many times "we only install monitored alarm" i sometimes forget others dont. jef

33149[/snapback]

Hi Jef,

Monitored alarms don't have to be grade 3 though, they can be grade 2. My understanding is that grade 3 is only for higher risk installations. Were you thinking of standardising on grade 3? (I think grade 3 does not allow fast format.)

MikeR

Hi Jef,

Monitored alarms don't have to be grade 3 though, they can be grade 2. My understanding is that grade 3 is only for higher risk installations. Were you thinking of standardising on grade 3? (I think grade 3 does not allow fast format.)

MikeR

33157[/snapback]

You know Mike its got to be my age we only install Point ID even when redCare is there. We prefer secondary signalling using GSM "NOT CSL" it wont do Point ID. In fact our NSI inspector thinks EN 501 will be a dodle for us as we already do: the Risk Ass. The EOL. The encripted coms. The system status. The remote servis (schh). Ive been beeting a drum for so long on how we do alarms i took it for granted everyone already knew what i was on about.

Jef

Customers!

Archived