Security Installer Community

Optex

Guest MKAlarms
As for "cardboard PCBs", I have no idea what you mean -

32813[/snapback]

The RX40 uses "FR2" material for its PCB - this is made of paper/cardboard and only allows tracks on one side. Most PCBs are made of "FR4" which is fibre glass, as well as being physically stronger you can have copper on both sides which gives better shielding from RFI. The only reason any manufacturer would use FR2 is because it's cheaper, (same reason for using an unshielded relay).

See: http://www.felsweb.com/lam_faq.htm

(I used to work in electronics... then I joined the security industry... ;) )

MikeR

AFAIK RX40s are described as "quad zone logic" meaning some fancy software, not a true quad (note the sponge over the rear of the pyro to stop you counting the pins!)

Were on the box does it say its a QUAD Detector? :blink:

Got to agree with Deltaseven, its one of the best PIR detector in its price range ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Were on the box does it say its a QUAD Detector? :blink:

Got to agree with Deltaseven, its one of the best PIR detector in its price range  ;)

32827[/snapback]

ER, on the side for a start.....

But a stated it is quad logic NOT quad piro - Im a bit dissapointed, but the coverage they give seems to be one of the best Ive seen, plus there false alarm immunity on the last job does the trick, so I'll just have to see how it goes I suppose....

It says that it use's "Quad zone logic", it dosen't say its a Quad Detector :no:

Im a bit dissapointed
Why? It dose what it say's on the tin and probably works better than most true Quad detectors :whistle:
the coverage they give seems to be one of the best Ive seen, plus there false alarm immunity on the last job does the trick

For the price what more can you ask for :w00t:

It says that it use's "Quad zone logic", it dosen't say its a Quad Detector :no:

Why? It dose what it say's on the tin and probably works better than most true Quad detectors  :whistle:

For the price what more can you ask for :w00t:

32876[/snapback]

I got told by my supplier they were QUADS - and really there not are they - thats what the problem is.

I agree on the face of it they look like good detectors though - but its like going into a motorbike shop and asking for a motorbike and being given a mo-ped LOL :blink:

I got told by my supplier they were QUADS - and really there not are they - thats what the problem is.

Don't you love suppliers :wub::lol:

Its like the sales man from one of the big Detector companies(no names)

that came to show us his new PIR and didn't know how to get the cover off the detector... :w00t::lol:

Archived