Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer With Wireless Optex Perimeter Beams

EViS

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I say your using beams wrong way 

How you going to mount them where exactly?

Could you expand on how I would be using these in the wrong way? They would be mounted on opposing walls either side of the boundary.

34 minutes ago, EViS said:

In your experience, have car lights and sudden changes in cloud cover been an issue with FA, as per @norman's reply above?

Tricky to say about clouds none of my set up is looking at open areas where the cameras would see clouds. My front camera would see headlights though especially when reflected off the back of my sons car, but not in the trip wire region.

I have a monitored system that reports to an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC), when that was first installed it was going off all the time due tue the sun causing shadows on the ground as it went behind trees etc. But after about a week of logging in and adjusting the settings and a final walk test its been reasonably good. Most of the FA's have been cleaners coming in early or leaving later than agreed, tenants doing the same, the odd person using the building as a public convenience at night. and high winds blowing a large cardboard box into the rear. 

Thanks Peter, that's been super helpful and has caused me to revisit the idea of CCTV which I previously discounted as still being inferior to a more traditional alarm with individual sensors.

You said earlier that "beams will continue to sell for a while" whilst CCTV becomes cheaper. But quality beams aren't exactly cheap and are fairly comparable in price to good quality cameras. So, as I touched on earlier, in what residential scenario would you install beams (or external tri-sginal PIR's), as I was proposing originally, over a quality 'smart' CCTV system as you have demonstrated?

It is horses for courses I would always look at each site and make decisions based on the nature of the requirements. If the site is not suitable for AI CCTV detection then I would use beams. We have an large engineering site that has beams around the perimeter, it was installed a long time ago but all the cameras are looking from perimeter towards the site, so intruders would already be on site before they are detected if we used the cameras. we cant point the cameras along the perimeter because of high traffic (plus the expense of towers etc. The site has lots of copper and other valuable metal on site, the cameras are looking at the theft attractive property and the land between the perimeter but intruders would be detected by the beams quite a few minutes before any cameras would.  Most domestic situations, stables, tack rooms, gardens, garages, etc AI is perfect.  

51 minutes ago, EViS said:

Could you expand on how I would be using these in the wrong way? They would be mounted on opposing walls either side of the boundary.

Against building or in garden walls?

20 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

It is horses for courses I would always look at each site and make decisions based on the nature of the requirements. If the site is not suitable for AI CCTV detection then I would use beams. We have an large engineering site that has beams around the perimeter, it was installed a long time ago but all the cameras are looking from perimeter towards the site, so intruders would already be on site before they are detected if we used the cameras. we cant point the cameras along the perimeter because of high traffic (plus the expense of towers etc. The site has lots of copper and other valuable metal on site, the cameras are looking at the theft attractive property and the land between the perimeter but intruders would be detected by the beams quite a few minutes before any cameras would.  Most domestic situations, stables, tack rooms, gardens, garages, etc AI is perfect.  

That's very helpful once again. I'll plough some more time into researching CCTV now ?. As a basis, is there a system that is your go-to for residential installations which strike a balanced mid-high quality to price ratio? (I appreciate that there will be variances in camera specs depending on the site which is being monitored).

We use Dahua  nearly all their NVRs have basic AI,  5200 series are the mid range recorders if it has AI at the end of the model number its the highest spec. The problem you will be faced with as non trade is buying real Hik or Dahua, unless your buying from a registered retailer they will most likely be fake, and registered retailers are not supposed to sell to anyone other than trade.  There are a lot of fake Hik and Dahua sellers on Ebay and similar places  

• Thanks 1

Thanks once again, I'm currently researching the difference between Dahua and Hik.

One thing which may sway me and it would be good to have some confirmation on is whether the Enforcer panel would work seamlessly with the Hikvision cameras in regards to providing loud audible notifications through the panel's built-in speaker as and when the AI picks up human or vehicle movement, as well as working with keyfobs so that audible notifications can be activated as and when we leave the house or lock-up at night?

Or is there a more efficient/modern way of achieving the above?

Edited by EViS