Security Installer Community

Galaxy group setup

tinnitus

Hi guys,

I have a galaxy system split over two floors, keypad on each floor. Both floors have been split into groups, 1 and 2. Is it possible to designate floor 1 keypad to group 1 (floor 1) and that is the only set point for that floor and the other  keypad to the other group and that will only set that group (2nd floor) effectively 2 separate systems. It would be great if we could use the same fob or code on both floors without selecting the group. Also, I’m assuming the exit tone will still be heard on both floors at the same time? They are wired into separate outputs. 

thanks in advance guys, sorry for the long drawn out post. 

Just now, james.wilson said:

use group restrict on the max, keypad and user. Program the user to both groups. re the sounder just program as e/e horn for each group

Sorry James I didn’t see your reply. Thanks for that. Do I not need to assign each keypad to the group in menu 58?

32 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

it is. But you need to add group restrict to the users too

So when I’m in user codes, I go to the user, modify group, then what? I’m assuming the user should have both groups but no “*”, that way they can set both groups without a choice but the keypad is what decides the group?

Also, do I now need to disable groups again in menu 62?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Steve23 said:

Hi @tinnitus

I was thinking of setting groups up on mine but couldn't see what benefit I would get.

It's it only really helpful if you have a keypad upstairs, 

I'm only having them downstairs at each door.

Useful if you want to arm an annexe or only door etc stuff like that 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve23 said:

Hi @tinnitus

I was thinking of setting groups up on mine but couldn't see what benefit I would get.

It's it only really helpful if you have a keypad upstairs, 

I'm only having them downstairs at each door.

So we had to use areas because the client had an office space split over 2 floors and wanted more flexibility. 
I can’t see a good reason to use it at home unless you had a completely separate area. I’d say part set and full set are all you need. 
what did you need to do?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tinnitus said:

So we had to use areas because the client had an office space split over 2 floors and wanted more flexibility. 
I can’t see a good reason to use it at home unless you had a completely separate area. I’d say part set and full set are all you need. 
what did you need to do?

Thanks,

No there's no specific area I need separate.

I'll leave that alone then :lol: