Security Installer Community

Plastic pipes!

Wooly-bobs

If you get a bit childish and put swearwords in there you can legitimately use them in general conversation then. Surprisingly, the swear word that's deemed to be the most taboo of all words has two entries, go figure....

Guest IM_Alarms

Just like calling someone a 'Burke' seems to be quite acceptable, until you realise that it is cockney slang for, - Berkeley Hunt, which rhymes with .........

• 10 months later...

Talking about plastic pipes reminds me of an incident round my brother in laws.

Not security related but worth sharing, we could not believe it when we realised what the builders had done.

This is a fairly new house, 8-10 years old, which my brother in law bought about 3 years ago.

He had noticed that one of the walls was showing signs of being damp, below the bathroom. There did not appear to be any leaks in the bathroom to cause the problem. On further inspection, there was an overflow pipe from the toilet going into the bathroom wall, but there was no sign of the pipe exiting the external wall. The overflow was actually overflowing into the wall cavity, hows that for incompetance.

Talking about plastic pipes reminds me of an incident round my brother in laws.

Not security related but worth sharing, we could not believe it when we realised what the builders had done.

This is a fairly new house, 8-10 years old, which my brother in law bought about 3 years ago.

He had noticed that one of the walls was showing signs of being damp, below the bathroom.  There did not appear to be any leaks in the bathroom to cause the problem.  On further inspection, there was an overflow pipe from the toilet going into the bathroom wall, but there was no sign of the pipe exiting the external wall.  The overflow was actually overflowing into the wall cavity, hows that for incompetance.

71660[/snapback]

Although this is an old topic had same thing happen on new estate spent ages with mate running awkward cable mate decided to fit pir instead of at end of carcasing drilled hole in corner for pir 6 foot jet of hot water shoots over his shoulder into the lounge,luckily carpet is being laid next day! mate plugs hole with alternate fingers(hot water) untill plugging with rawl plug(red).

However water is spraying out behind dry lining and flowing out at skirting board,large lake appears on floor and proceeds to spread across the lounge!.

Customer has heard commotion and come into room(the husband left in charge by dominant wife)starts running round room with hands in air shouting about what wife will say when she gets back.

At this point i'm trying to get mate to stop laughing tellinjg him its only making things worse and he'll fall of the steps in a minute,builders are still working on nearby houses and husband decides he will run outside and grab a builder to sort it out he slides into an amazing MR BEAN impression as he runs 1st left in the middle of the road in front of us with his arms waving above his head shouting "help help" then right in the other derection,after a couple of minutes we have both stopped laughing as mr bean comes back into the louge with a giant builder in cement covered donkey jacket in hot pursuit,husband obviously thinks this guy will be his salvation!.

Turns to my mate and without any sign of emotion says "yep thats a leak all right!)asks mate if he has a hammer! mate gives buider his nice large hammer,builder says right lets have a look at it then!proceeds to knock two foot square hole in plaster board and asks mate for a self tapping screw mate obliges and leak is plugged,mean while husband is now on his knees with head in hands gibbering through tears what his wife is going to do to him when she gets back!!!! mate and i retreat to car and drive off after builder says not to worry and he will sort it!!!!!

Two weeks after they had us back with a builder to tell us where the rest of the pipes and electrics run!!!!!!GOOD DAYS hope you enjoyed that?.

Paul.

• 1 month later...

tears running down my face with that one,never laugh so much. wife thinks i am going mad.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived