Security Installer Community

Plastic pipes!

Wooly-bobs

Each joist have precut holes for installation of pipe work and wiring and they are in the middle of the joists, meaning you wont find any pipework just under the floor boards. Good news for daves up n over method :)

32066[/snapback]

:w00t: Have you seen the state of those pathetic excuses for a joist after all the different trades have finished knocking s**te out of them?? I've seen plenty rough sparks, plumbers, etc. whacking their hammer through the joists and completely missing the cut outs.(the hammer still goes through without a problem!) The standard of new builds is appauling and those prefab joists are just one example of how any chance to cut the costs, takes priority over standards and longevity.

If you don't know......ask.

I agree that those joists look cheap and cheerful and i wouldnt touch em with a barge pole, but strangely enough they are a lot stronger than the traditional sort.

32107[/snapback]

The last job I did with these was in a shop where they needed a wide span with no intermediate supports, apparently with conventional joists it would have been nigh on impossible.

LOL laugh out loud

LMAO laughing my ass off

ROFL rolling on floor laughing

TTYL talk to you later

TTFN ta ta for now

These are some chat abbreviations that I know of. There probably countless others but I think these are the most common ones

:)

If you don't know......ask.

LOL laugh out loud

LMAO laughing my ass off

ROFL rolling on floor laughing

TTYL talk to you later

TTFN ta ta for now

These are some chat abbreviations that I know of. There probably countless others but I think these are the most common ones

:)

32129[/snapback]

Thank goodness! i thought it meant "Lots Of Love"

Jef

Customers!

Archived