Security Installer Community

Risco Remote Keyfob Programming

s1977

Hi All

I have inherited a Risco security alarm system with a set of remote 4 button keyfobs (see attached picture) and the original owner provided me with a working security access code to the system as well as a couple of remote 4 button keyfobs (see attached picture). So to avoid any misuse from the old code(s), I went in to the system and set new codes for the family and cleared all remaining codes from the total 31 codes that could be programmed on the system. In doing this, I think i have written over/reset the remote keyfobs and they don't work anymore, in that they don't set/unset the system.

Having checked the alarm components, I see a set of Risco Nova IV receivers and have downloaded the programming manual (attached), i.e. enable write mode, press keyfob arm button for x seconds and so on. However, my question was before I go about doing anything, is the procedure to program remote keyfobs user programmable and would there be any points to consider whilst programming them? Also would I simply program the keys into the receiver and would the alarm system automatically inherit them?

Wireless 4 Button Keyfob-4 Button Panic Keyfob- Transmitter  4 Button Keyfob 540-510.jpg

Edited by MrHappy
eng book removed

Hi All

By following the documentation, I have now managed to re-program the remote keyfobs into the two Nova 4 receivers and when pressed I can see the corresponding lights switch on the receiver. The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is that the system does not enter arm/disarm mode. So is there an additional setup required to program the remote keyfob into the Risco control panel too in addition to the receiver? Getting there....

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, s1977 said:

Hi All

By following the documentation, I have now managed to re-program the remote keyfobs into the two Nova 4 receivers and when pressed I can see the corresponding lights switch on the receiver. The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is that the system does not enter arm/disarm mode. So is there an additional setup required to program the remote keyfob into the Risco control panel too in addition to the receiver? Getting there....

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Means you haven't programmed them or incorrectly, the reciever will flash when it recieves a signal but won't do anything because the panel hasn't been programmed for the fobs 

Example galaxy is the same the RF Rx will flash but do nothing if it equipment hasn't been added because it's  seeing a tx 

Just a general comment

Very few risco installers it seems here , either DIY or stuck in there ways lol

Edited by al-yeti

Okay, thanks al-yeti. I looked through the documentation and the only bit on registering anything other than user codes on the control panel is for the g-tag proximity keys, not remote keyfobs though.....but will still keep on looking.

Given I have 2 receivers, does it mean that I would need to program both with the same keyfobs?

Thanks

Edited by s1977
added detail

1 hour ago, s1977 said:

Okay, thanks al-yeti. I looked through the documentation and the only bit on registering anything other than user codes on the control panel is for the g-tag proximity keys, not remote keyfobs though.....but will still keep on looking.

Given I have 2 receivers, does it mean that I would need to program both with the same keyfobs?

Thanks

No common to have the two recieves

The fobs are probably added as hardware then in the engineer menu so without that you won't be able to correct the issue , meaning you need the engineers code

It's worthwhile paying someone local to sort out and check the whole system over, in this DIY world everything unfortunately into always DIY , not having a dig of course 

As someone mentioned in another post these risky risco you need product knowledge to sort problems out , i hate them personally and normally guess my way round fixing issues , so etimes with help from the local monkies 

2 hours ago, s1977 said:

I have now managed to re-program the remote keyfobs into the two Nova 4 receivers and when pressed I can see the corresponding lights switch on the receiver.

starting with the very basics

A Nova Revciver 4 is a 4 zone universal product, you do have the output for the fob(s) connected to the control panel ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

7 hours ago, al-yeti said:

No common to have the two recieves

The fobs are probably added as hardware then in the engineer menu so without that you won't be able to correct the issue , meaning you need the engineers code

It's worthwhile paying someone local to sort out and check the whole system over, in this DIY world everything unfortunately into always DIY , not having a dig of course 

As someone mentioned in another post these risky risco you need product knowledge to sort problems out , i hate them personally and normally guess my way round fixing issues , so etimes with help from the local monkies 

Okay al-yeti. I will call up Risco to ask them for an engineer to look into this today. I agree, I only wanted to progress this if it was user programmable, but if there are other considerations/pre-requisites, then best I speak to them as that is not something I have knowledge of.

7 hours ago, MrHappy said:

starting with the very basics

A Nova Revciver 4 is a 4 zone universal product, you do have the output for the fob(s) connected to the control panel ?

Maybe its specific terminology, but what do you mean by "output" for the fobs? The system was working before with the same remote keypads to arm and disarm until I reset the previous user codes on the control panel. So the underlying infrastructure still exists and is connected, but like said above, whilst the receivers are now programmed with the remote keyfobs again, they don't seem to be accepted by the control panel as such.

Also, if it helps, I have programmed both keyfobs under their respective transmitter numbers for Zone 1 on each of the two receivers and I can test their configuration in the communication menu/option too. When I press the arm button on the remote, then I can see the respective transmitter number, zone 1 and the red alarm led light up on both receivers.