Security Installer Community

Watchdog reset?

xt600

Hi all, I have a Eurosec CPX system which I installed about 10 years ago. It has proved very reliable, and until recently, never given a false alarm. Because the property is in a remote location in a different country I have also fitted a gsm dialler so I get a text when it gets triggered. Over the last few months, the alarm has been triggered several times, and I think this may be related to local power cuts. When I last visited the property the RKP had 'watchdog reset' logged, and the date reverted back to Jan 1. 

I fitted a new battery less than a year ago, the largest I could squeeze into the panel. My question is, would/should a power failure and or discharged battery trigger a full alarm? Any info greatly appreciated :-) 

Thanks guys, the dialler is this one: https://www.adventcontrols.co.uk/products/gsm-cell-phone-dialer-sms-sender-fire-burglar-alarms

I have it wired to the output terminals so will text me when alarm bells are triggered. There are some other outputs on it which I plan to use to inform me when power is lost/restored, but I've yet to wire this in, I need to sort the ongoing issues first. 

I think it's unlikely that the dialler is triggered when power is lost/restored at the moment though, it just triggers on 'bells on'. 

This doesn't happen when I simulate a power cut/restoration, so I'm assuming it only happens after a prolonged power cut.

Is a total power loss caused by powercut and subsequent discharged battery the only reason for the watchdog to occur? 

The advent dialler will trigger if on power up of the panel it's output switches , although lol the panels I have used it on never have done this with the advent dialler

I think your confusing the two issues by talking about the dialler being triggered and the power fault

As I don't get why swb responded about dialler as opposed to the power issue 

Maybe I was considering if the dialler had a built in battery and if it was positive or negative trigger?

It helps to know what is installed before assuming things.

3 hours ago, xt600 said:

My question is, would/should a power failure and or discharged battery trigger a full alarm?

This is the original question that I answered, is it not?

I suppose my questions are: 

1: Is a total power loss caused by a powercut and subsequent discharged battery the only reason for the watchdog to occur? 

2: Will a powercut resulting in low battery voltage always trigger a full alarm? (seems strange to waste remaining battery power by turning on all bells when there isn't actually a break-in, or sensor activated?)