Security Installer Community

Alarm Problem

Guest advent750

Guest advent750

Hello all

I am having a problem with an alarm system, as usual there are no manuals available. On the board there are a few names , Pulsar 6, Abacus 6R. It also has an extension board fitted and two keypads. The problem is on the keypad there is a message saying TRB Power and sometimes changes to TRB Supply. The alarm wont set properly because of this. I have checked the supply and changed the 12v TX. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also is there anywhere I can get the manuals for this alarm system.

Thanks

I have checked the supply and changed the 12v TX

Why..? What was wrong with the origional one, and what voltage replacement TX have you fitted..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest advent750

I changed the 12v tx because it was giving out 20 volts, which i think is a bit high. Do you think this could have damaged anything on the board.

I changed the 12v tx because it was giving out 20 volts, which i think is a bit high. Do you think this could have damaged anything on the board.

30328[/snapback]

No No No, :no:

the tx output has to be higher than the load requirements to give enough headroom for the regulation circutry to function correctly.

Put the original one in as soon as possible.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

No it wasnt, infact thats probably about right. Most panel TX `s will show between 18 &24VAC while no load is present.

30330[/snapback]

Beat me to it Dave :D

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Maybe on the 1st attempt at setting, a second immediate attempt should have allowed setting as normal with perhaps an error message while setting.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived