Security Installer Community

Dennard and DM Sprite2

Brian c

I've been to a site today with 2 x DM Sprite2's with some dennard domes with BBV telemetry.

I can get control of the telemtry to all the PTZ's but, for example, if I move it up slightly, it will sometimes move in any given direction after performing the original command and they will move of their own accord(no autopan or gaurd tour is on).

This happens on all the PTZ's and at least one of them is new with fresh cabling, so that rules out cabling and interference(unless interference is at sprite where all the cables are)

I couldn't spend too long there today and couldn't investigate much, but I did kinda rule out the keyboard as there was another onsite that did the same, and the sprites as it happened to both of them independantly also.

Has anyone else had problems with camera's 'wandering' and if so, what's usually the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance

:)

Brian

If you don't know......ask.

Hi Brian

Your problem is likely to be cable termination, Make sure all the connections are terminated if theres no through loop on the mux.

Are all your images clear? Im presuming its telemetry down the coax.

If you have trouble still, feel free to call.

are both your sprite 2's controlling all the cameras?

i had a similar situation with a baxall mux and tx6 - i spoke to baxall and he said only 1 unit can control the cameras telemetry wise (apart from a adpro link,that was off the mux). i turned off the telemetry on the tx6 and all was ok.

also check your video levels arn't to high.

paul

(ps: my knowledge off CCTV is not expert level, just had the problem, this is what i did, so to speak - so i could be on totally wrong tack!! :wacko: )

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest Secure Eng 1

Double check those keyboards !!

DM had a known problem with their keyboard joystick mounts.

After some use, the joystick screws would loosen.

The joystick would go out of calibration, and effectively always be sending a small up/down/left/right movement signal out on the telemetry.

As you move through your cameras, each starts moving - regardless of whether it's a dome or PTZ (or even twisted-pair or up-the-co-ax).

I think that someone forgot to fit shakeproof washers.

We saw quite a few keyboards with this fault.

DM will repair/replace.

Can also be intermittent.

Early reports from operators couldn't be replicated when engineers first attended.

There was a bad batch, one customer with two keyboards went through 5 or 6 replacements before it settled down. Prior to that we'd never seen this fault.

• 1 month later...
Guest cctvman

As the last post says it could be a wild command from a keyboard, will normally follow the camera which is selected on the keyboard tho or could be wrong commands being sent out (when you ask say cam 1 to do its thing does it do it )

It could be a sprite unit giving all your problems if mismatch on dataline or commands are comming from both units !

Check the sprite programming !

When you tell cam1 to do it's thing all the cams start roaming !

(loss/low signal of data to other cams could cause roaming)

When you say cameras all roam do you mean when one starts they all go or they just all follow the same command when that camera is bo selected?

Coax or twisted pair ???? you can let me know

But these can also give you a problem thru the system

One of the cable runs has rf problems normal for cams to roam although loss in data can also do this / low power @ one of the cameras / some cameras are terminated & some not / long cable runs / bad or no earth if using twisted pair /camera is responding to any command when not called / low data signal being received with no stop command / cable @ camera wired wrong way round if twisted pair & so on / high resistance on coax line caused by water damage or dry solder joint !!!!!!

REMEMBER !!!!!

All cables lead to the same place so if there are nasties on line it will affect the lot

If you want to email of the board i will give you my mobi so you can phone me from site if still not fixed ???????

Phew !!!!

Regards

Ali Graham

Edinburgh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philipj

I had the same problem with a BBV board and a MAD head. It turned out to be an earth problem on the BBV. Once the earth was disconected the camera stopped moving.

Archived