Security Installer Community

Scantronic K01 Missing K01 Restore messages

The other day, whilst at home and the system unset, the speaker sounder went off (but not the SAB). I entered the engineers code (didn't try a user code first) and the alarm stopped. I've not had any false alarms whilst the system was set. Not had any problems since. It seems this was a one off.

The log reports "K01 missing" and "K01 restore". The wiring to the keypad is fine although it does pass near the consumer unit and had already been relocated by previous owners by a local company after false alarms (reason for those not in report). Their recommendation was to use screened cable to the keypad if the "false alarm" continued.

Is the 9943 prox keypad prone to these errors? Anything to look for?

So, reading between the lines, the previous error was also a 'missing keypad'.

The Scantronic 9651 (I'm assuming) and 9943 keypad are really not known for this and I've seen some proper dogs dinners that have never displayed this fault.

Was the entirety of the wiring replaced? Would it be easy for you to do so?

It would not surprise me if it was something silly like a badly terminated terminal at the unit end that was overlooked even when they re-routed.

How many times has it happened since you moved in?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

> So, reading between the lines, the previous error was also a 'missing keypad'.

I don't know that but given the comment on the engineers report, I'm beginning to think so.

> Was the entirety of the wiring replaced? Would it be easy for you to do so?

I have added new PIRs and run new cables to the 9752. I've replaced some of the original cables but not the one from the box to keypad. That seems quite new but it's an easy job to run another new one as the floorboards are still easily removable for my cable run.

> It would not surprise me if it was something silly like a badly terminated terminal at the unit end that was overlooked even when they re-routed.

I made all new connections into the main unit but have not whipped the cover off the keypad yet. I'll take a look. Since I saw some nasties in the local firms work when I rewired a couple of PIRs (trapped wires, single screw fixing, 10mm cable entry hole not filled with mastic etc), then I wouldn't be surprised if there is a loose connx.

> How many times has it happened since you moved in?

Only once. I relocated the main unit a few weeks back. The system has been set and unset a couple of times a day since. No other false alarms at all.

Just a strange thing since when it went off, I was able to enter the eng code into the keypad so it had obviously found it again else it wouldn't have responded.

Thank you for your time.