Security Installer Community

ritabix

ritabix

Hi all, I'm an aging alarm and cctv guy, very close to retirement and very set in my ways. I have a problem having installed three IP cctv cameras on a caravan park with transmitter and separate receivers linked to an NVR. After months of trial and error with A DATA company I am told it won't work. The site has a wifi system installed is there a modification I can use without changing the original IP cameras. Help please.

Are you allowed on to the wifi network?

If so look at access points, and you will probably need agreement with their IT company and some static ip addresses assigned for the cameras. 

Whats the kit you have already ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

On 08/02/2017 at 8:26 PM, Nova-Security said:

Are you allowed on to the wifi network?

If so look at access points, and you will probably need agreement with their IT company and some static ip addresses assigned for the cameras. 

Whats the kit you have already ?

I have a password for the wifi network and the IT company will help, my original equipment is 4mp it cameras plus camsat transmitter/receiver through a company called ADATA working at 5.1-5.8gh. personally I want to rip the bloody lot out and never deal with them again, but I'm open to opinions and advice.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

hangon is this adata the one that as provided the camera stuff or at they the it co?

They seem to be a box company, providing boxes of equipment, but never coming to site, they are not the IT company. The signalling equip is camsat transceivers operating 5.1-5.8gh.

So its a standalone wireless bridge not going on the wifi network, probably some IP settings you have wrong or alignment of the equipment.

An access point to pick up the sites wifi would have been another option but putting in your own link in will be better.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.