Security Installer Community

Galaxy RSS

Litch90

Good Evening gents

Got my G-12 rocking and rolling (finally)

In terms of RSS or remote viewing, what would you guys recommend?

LCE ethernet module & Selfmon? Or are their better alternatives?

Just after a few options..

Also.. is it true what i have heard about if you have a galaxy panel, it's more ADVISABLE to use honeywell detectors? So in other words its advisable to not fit say.. Pyronix KX15's?? Such advice seems bizarre

Thank you

Any detector will work

And yes the lce module or honeywell Ethernet card will work well with the selfmon remote keypad (you don't have to sign up for selfmon ,app keypad still works well)

I think the honeywell app is only for the flex and dimension , and it isn't stable and harder to set up in my view

Rss is the remote servicing suite , I wouldn't bother with that 

Remote viewing I assume you meant remote keypad control 

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Any detector will work

And yes the lce module or honeywell Ethernet card will work well with the selfmon remote keypad (you don't have to sign up for selfmon ,app keypad still works well)

I think the honeywell app is only for the flex and dimension , and it isn't stable and harder to set up in my view

Rss is the remote servicing suite , I wouldn't bother with that 

Thank you Al,

Cheapest I've found an LCE module for is around 90 sovs.. 

I heard some smart ass say to me 'If i was you would use official honeywell dualtechs over Pyronix KX15's, I thought to myself what could possibly be the advantage of using the honeywell ones over a different brand? 

I couldn't possibly comment. I suppose at some point a distributer will start to publish return rates etc with reasons.

If you don't want a Honeywell detector then look at others. Many on here speak highly of the risco ones, I like the Vanderbilt units but they are more expensive. Bosch is also highly rated here

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

I couldn't possibly comment. I suppose at some point a distributer will start to publish return rates etc with reasons.

If you don't want a Honeywell detector then look at others. Many on here speak highly of the risco ones, I like the Vanderbilt units but they are more expensive. Bosch is also highly rated here

Not so much I don't want to use them, I just had KX15's available so thought I would use them... That and everything Honeywell do burns pockets, assuming it is the same for detectors..