Security Installer Community

Control Panel

Greenveg

Hi,

I have a Scantronic Burglar Alarm. The code buttons are getting a bit worn, which makes it difficult to enter the code.

I have changed the code a couple of times, so I can press buttons that have not had as much wear.

I can acquire a control panel to replace the existing one. Is this a job that I could do myself, or is there a lot of re-wiring

involved.

Regards.

You can still buy this model, Scantronic are now owned by Eaton, they still use 'Scantronic' but badge 'low end' models as 'Eaton' now, such as the 9448 and i-On 16

However, your best bet would be to buy a Scantronic 9651, as you'll gain an LCD (separate) keypad, and it comes with full instructions.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You would ditch the 9448 completely.

The 9651 comes with the main box and a separate keypad that can be mounted anywhere.

You could keep everything else; however, it does sound as if you might be better off getting someone in to do it for you.

The biggest benefit of getting someone in would be that they can change the tamper wiring over from 'global' to EOL, i.e one tamper circuit per device, this

would be without changing the wires to the detectors. Also if you get someone in they can advise you if you need a new system battery (highly recommended)

and check the bellbox etc...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands