Security Installer Community

scantronic and pyronnix vocaliser

Guest acoolkat

Guest acoolkat

hi there i have an old scantronic 9100 alarm and i wanted to fit a Pyronix Vocaliser Autodialler to it,

i need to locate a trigger point from the alarm panel so that when the bell rings ie the alarm is activated the voice dialer will ring out for example..

there is only one point for each trigger ie one wire to be connected ie fire alarm panicbutton etc within the pyronix vocaliser itself for each type of trigger

and im not sure how to set this up and was wondering if any one can help i have a installation manual with the circuit diagram for the alarm panel also but i cant seem to understand where i would wire it to if the burglar alarm went of at the very least.

pic1.gif

thanks

Kat

if you were lucky you can get relay expander cards that plug on to the front of the pcb of the panel, but if you do get on ensure that you down power the alarm before you put it on or you will say goodbye to your panel and hello to a new one.

The 9100 is a VERY old panel and was made to use plug-on communicators and Redcare STU units, which means it didnt have seperate outputs for Fire/PA/Intruder that you could wire the vocaliser into. However as Steve said they did make a plug-on relay board that gave you normally open and normally closed circuits for fire/PA/Intruder/open and close etc, and if you could get hold of one of these(Good luck !!) then you could have seperate messages.

Although not particularly easy to do it it possible to gain an output directly from the zone that the PA and Smoke sensors wire into. It's hard to do and even harder to describe but i'm pretty sure it can be done. Basically wire from one side of the zone (if it doesnt work then try the other side) into the vocaliser input so that when the zone opens, PA pressed or smoke sensor activated, the normally closed circuit will go open circuit and remove the positive/negative from the vocaliser and start it dialling. That's assuming you want seperate messages for Fire/PA/Intruder. If not then do as it says in the manual and connect the vocaliser input to the '-ringing' terminal on the 9100 pcb.

egg03064.gif

-Ringing is the bellbox switched negative, and can be used to trigger the dialer.

As for PA, you`d have to fit one of the plug on relay boards as mentioned earlier, or buy yourself an SPDT relay and hold it open through the PA button, the NO relay contacts would be wired one terminal to a "0" Volt terminal and the other would be to your dialer PA channel. When the pa button was pushed the relay would close contacts sending the negative to trigger the PA channel.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest acoolkat

hi there thank you all for your prompt replies. :)

i hope to wire it up on the weekend so i feel more confident about fixing it up now.

also you have given me food for thought about the various options..

yes i know its an old system but it has served me well and still got life in the old dog yet. B)

thanks again

Kat

Guest acoolkat

hi there i have a follow up question, i have got the item to work fine however i have made my external bell ring outside without setting my normal alarm off in a normal state.

i was wondering where i should wire the postitve and negative for the power supply for the vocaliser from the scantronic panel from as this may be the cause of the problem

thanks

Kat

Archived