Security Installer Community

Texeom 24 issues

Hi All,

Having been out of the industry for a few years I've come back into it and hit an issue with the texecom 24 setup.

I have 7 Zones all wired as NC and without any EOL wiring. (I'm going to expand the system at a later date depending on my cusatomers requirements)

I've got the system up and running but the programming is a nightmare!!! I'm using the Wintex software but every time I try to do a walk test the system won't allow me to set this off using the RKP. I've also got issues with arming the system I'm arming and the chime sounds for exit all ok, when I open the Entry there is no chime or disarm tone. I know it's something that I'm doing and have probably missed in  the programming but I can't for the life of me see what. I've also checked all of the PIR's and the door contacts are connected correctly. (I changed the to NO in the programming menu and they triggered alarms on the system) can anybody help me with this?

I programmed them all as Normally Closed in the beginning. I changed them to Normally open to confirm that they were sall operational and then changed them back. Ive also tried to shutdown the system to check if that will kickstart the zones to trigger on entry/exit/guard andno joy.

Use View Zone Status to check the each zone at the panel with wire links, then take it from there.

Are the zones programmed in?

I would check the system with the RKP to rule out UDL issues, the config may not have uploaded for example.

Premier are solid I wouldn't expect faulty kit, I imagine it's a programming thing. Especially if your not used to them.

I checked the view zone status last thing and they were all showing as secure. I'm not used to premier kit at the moment but I'm trying to get used to the gear as I've always used Texecom in the past. I'm using the ComWifi setup and all that side works fine so I'm convinced that it is a programming issue and not a physical issue with the Panel or anything. What are the UDL issues that could arise? As I said, I've been out of the game for a while and this is "hit the ground running" job!!!

ok, so i've gone right through everything with a fine toothcomb and I can't see a reason at all for this occurring. I've basically rewired the whole system. removed all the existiong connections, belled out and re installed them all. I'm using an 8 core cable and have it all connected in the PIR's as Green = 12v, white = 0v black and red = alarm, blue and yellow = tamper. the black red and blue yellow are connected to the Zone inputs and the same for the door contact as per usual wiring. I'm not using anything as EOL. The Com Wifi is reset and the software is talking too the panel but there is still an issue with Arming/Disarming the system. am I missing something so simple that I can't get the damned thing to work?