Security Installer Community

Optima Xm6 Problem

Hi Folks a newbie here 

We have an optima xm6 alarm. When the alarm is off during the day every now and again it will  sound the internal loud alarm for no reason at all, any ideas where/ how  to start looking for this fault.  Im an ex sparky but no alarm experience fitted the odd fire panel. Help please  

Found the fault, in the bell box, it was full of spiders and webs, the weather had recently changed from being dry and mild to damp. Cleaned out the unit and all now seems the intermittent fault is now clear. So just as well I did not buy a battery in a hurry, now I can look round for a best price one !!!!

Yes things can be tight out there open your eyes and listen to what other folk are saying.

Found the fault, in the bell box, it was full of spiders and webs, the weather had recently changed from being dry and mild to damp. Cleaned out the unit and all now seems the intermittent fault is now clear. So just as well I did not buy a battery in a hurry, now I can look round for a best price one !!!!

Yes things can be tight out there open your eyes and listen to what other folk are saying.

I didnt say tight I said hard, there is a big difference to being tight and things being hard, Freudian slip perhaps

Yes batteries can range in price of a few pounds to more pounds depending on what you want done , it's not that hard out there, except for the homeless (not the ones that choose to be homeless)

Edited by al-yeti