Security Installer Community

Double knock with quad PIRs??

Guest demuss

I've just installed a Premier 24 using several Texecom Mirage Quad PIRs.

Should I be setting all the PIR zones to Double Knock?

Thanks

Anthony

Guest IM_Alarms

Double knock is not really designed to be used on a PIR, hence the name 'knock', the PIR should be capable of doing it's only filtering without having to resort to an un-ethical method like DK. If the sensor ain't doing the job properly, adjust it or get rid of it. :yes::yes::yes:

Double knock on PIR's is not a breach of 4737 but the number of inputs needed for a zone to create an alarm condition must be shown on the spec.

That said, its not recommended because if you need DK to reduce false alarms on a PIR then the PIR is either faulty or not suited to the environment.

Personally I would only use DK if the customer insisted on it (some more informed customers do), or if the PIR was on an access route.

28217[/snapback]

----------This is how I came to that conclusion;---------

If you don't know......ask.

Evening Brian, happy wednesday mate!

PS any chance of a summary of that, Im knackeredĀ  :D

28258[/snapback]

Ha Ha :) you too mate!

Basically, If the default time on the premier for DK is 30 secs and a contact(for examples sake) prog'd for DK opens, it would have to stay open for 30 secs (or open again within 30 secs) to cause an alarm.

BS4737 is stating that any detector that is open for more than 800mSecs should cause an activation within 5 secs. Therefore, in breach of BS4737.

If you don't know......ask.

Obviously putting a contact on DK is daft and you wouldnt want to do that, but I'm 99% certain that a movement sensor can be if agreed with the customer. As I said above though its not soemthing that I would want to do.

28263[/snapback]

How about DK on a leaf of a revolving door? :ph34r:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Not according to our inspector he has a thing about DK & locked engineer codes. Both are a no no.

Paul

28274[/snapback]

Even if equipment is owned by an alarm company??

Archived