Security Installer Community

Another Weird Intercom Request

JasonOfOz

Not sure why but like London buses, these all come along at once!!

One of our Clients needs the ability to know when a visitor has arrived at their front door.

Problem is that they are away from their desk quite a bit.

I think we only have 3 options to choose from:

1. Wireless: We tested AES out already and there's too much interference so signal is not great, otherwise having a wireless (dect-type) handset is ideal

2. App based: Some intercom systems enable you to answer/operate the intercom via an app - Comelit do one and it seems quite viable

3. Traditional wired based system - we are installing a Gira system at the moment at another building where you can have remote "gongs" installed installed in various locations (just like mini-sounders or door chimes) - this is quite good but wiring is a pain in this building so i'm trying to avoid it

- I was wondering whether there is such a thing as wireless, relay activated door chimes - this would solve my problem, but i don't want us having to custom build anything.

Any ideas?

I purchased one of these but it didnt work that well for me so I sent it back, I then purchased the Chinese version that worked much better for a while, then stopped. I put a wifi amp close to the doorbell and its been fine ever since, I think the Ring would have worked better with the amp too. 

Vidiline mvdp7 and its smartphone app

I saw this in another post and actually this looks perfect - but do you know if the door release relay is on the secure side of the door?

I purchased one of these but it didnt work that well for me so I sent it back, I then purchased the Chinese version that worked much better for a while, then stopped. I put a wifi amp close to the doorbell and its been fine ever since, I think the Ring would have worked better with the amp too. 

This looks quite nice but I still need for it to release a door - not sure if it does that?

I saw this in another post and actually this looks perfect - but do you know if the door release relay is on the secure side of the door?

This looks quite nice but I still need for it to release a door - not sure if it does that?

The Chinese one does but its ugly as fook http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-WiFi-Remote-Video-Door-Bell-Phone-Rainproof-Doorbell-Home-Security-UK-/252036309805?hash=item3aae88e32d:g:c-oAAOSw9N1Vpw6F