Security Installer Community

Dvr Outputting Dodgy Video Via Vga

Steven_W

I put an analogue DVR in my office a while ago and only accessed it via the mobile apps or web, never looking at it directly on a monitor.  Well we've needed to hook it up to a monitor via bog standard VGA and the image is "shifted" to the left.  All 4 cams are showing fine but the overall image is cut off.  When I first set this up I had it connected to HDMI and it was OK but need the VGA output as just using old spare monitors.

I've looked right through the settings on the DVR and there is nothing to change the resolution or screen position.

Any ideas? Ta.

I've tried the monitor adjustment, that was the first thing I looked at... The setup is as follows:

5m VGA to a 2 way high bandwidth VGA powered splitter, then 1m cable to my monitor & 20m VGA to monitor 2.

I thought at first that it was the splitter causing the problem, so I connected directly to the monitor... same problem.

As I didn't run a mouse extension cable in, the only other thing I can think of is that there are settings within the DVR that can only be shown while accessing the menu from the DVR GUI rather than over the LAN.  I've had that before on other DVRs.

It's not the end of the world if I can't solve it, it's just annoying!

Thanks fellers

I had a slightly old (but still at least mid 2000s era) Fujitsu TFT that simply won't connect to any DVRs

Just states 'out of range' on the OSD. Binned now anyway.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

OK, so once I plugged a mouse in I could access the resolution menu which is not available through the web browser, changed the resolution & restarted, all is now well... hope this thread can help someone!