Security Installer Community

Optima XM6

Guest SimonR

I want to reset the alarm code and generally figure out the system,

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that with just the user manual, otherwise burglars would just carry one with them and quickly turn off your system. :ninja:

And, as you will see from the site rules (which you've hopefully read) engineering manuals are only available to bona-fide accredited Trade members.

You may find the user manual on the suppliers web site, if not someone here may be able to post a link to one, but it will be of very limited use on its own.

You really do need an engineer to set up the alarm for you and give you some user instructions.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Anyone know how to change the zone that gives you 30 seconds to turn the alarm off [optima xm6]? Alternatively, if this info is in a user manual, has anyone got a copy they can send me or post on here? At the moment, I have to omit the zone with the front door which is obviously not ideal;-)

cheers,

Martin...

Hi,

Anyone know how to change the zone that gives you 30 seconds to turn the alarm off [optima xm6]? Alternatively, if this info is in a user manual, has anyone got a copy they can send me or post on here? At the moment, I have to omit the zone with the front door which is obviously not ideal;-)

cheers,

Martin...

I think that's not a user function, so is not in the User Manual.

You'll need an engineer to set up your alarm properly.

I think that's not a user function, so is not in the User Manual.

You'll need an engineer to set up your alarm properly.

Thanks for the fast response! I found an installation manual on another site (UK Security Panels) that looks like the door needs re-wiring to zone 1 rather than 5 as it is currently, so I think I'll get an engineer to do it.

cheers,

Martin...

• 1 month later...
Hi I have the same problem. I am trying to download the manual but I am having trouble. An error message is appearing saying the item has been removed.

Just checked & it worked fine for me. :unsure:

Scroll up to post number 25.

Right click on the manual.

Select to top option "open"

It's a PDF file so your PC will need to have adode PDF reader installed.

:)

Same old story no user manuals nor code left by the previous owners of my girlfriends new property luckily one of the neighbours who looks after the property for the previous owner while on holiday knew the code. So that is one of the first things that will have to be changed! I have found this forums very useful as somebody who has not had any previous knowledge of alarm system. Especially the fact that the system need to be service just as regular as the heating system! Thanks to all those who are contributed to the usual information I have gained. Best regards to you all Mervyn

Archived