Security Installer Community

Optima XM6

Guest SimonR

Guest anguscanplay
OK COOL

I NEED TO REPLACE MY PIR SENSORS AS THEY ARE ON TO NEARLY 20 YEARS OLD AND NOT ALL WORKING. ALSO I NEED TO REPLACE MY SIREN AS THIS TO IS NOT WORKING. DO I NEED TO ENTER ENGINEERS MODE AND IF SO HOW.

SPEEDY

thats the same question as last night so its the same answer ( do us a favour and turn off the caps lock its very loud )

if you need to ask how do i change my pir sensors then i would recommend an engineer - even more so for the replacing of the siren

have a look through the forum using the search button at the top of the page there have been many many people with the same questions as you have and you may find an answer there

angus

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved to a property with an Optima XM6. I have a code and we use the alarm at the moment, but we do not have any service / user manual. I need to know if the system can be zoned so it is not activated by our cats moving about in the kitchen - for instance. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Guest anguscanplay
Just moved to a property with an Optima XM6. I have a code and we use the alarm at the moment, but we do not have any service / user manual. I need to know if the system can be zoned so it is not activated by our cats moving about in the kitchen - for instance. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

my advice - get a service call booked with a local alarm firm,make sure the user code is/has been changed since the previous occupier moved out and consider pet tollerant scanners as an alternative to zoning the system off

angus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just moved into a new house and the previous owners have not left any documents about the Alarm. We use it at the moment but wish to change the code, so can you please forward a pdf of the user manual for an Optima XM6 on my email id as soon as possible.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived