Security Installer Community

Optima Xm Problems Please Help !

gazh

hi can anyone give me any advice , i recently changed the battery on the control panel after electrics where switched off for a job and the control panel locked out . since then and before this there has never been any trouble. i tried to change the siren/strobe box outside as this was not working , i turned off electrics and removed the battery and all fine, removed outside box and fitted a ade reson8 box but when i came to do wiring like for like i had a strobe + wire which comes from the control panel but has no place to go in the reson8 box? when i change the link to battery charge the alarm sounds constantly ? can anyone help to tell me whether i have to link this strobe + wire to something else , also the control panel is in lock down and even when following the installers instructions on removing memory to factory reset there is nothing , no response from keypad  hope someone out there can help many thans gaz

hi i wired it like for like from the panel but there is an extra wire marked strobe + from the panel which has no where to go in the bell box its just a strobe - fitting , the panel is in test mode i think but there is no response from keypad , i tried doing what it says in the manual

eg

turn off from mains , remove battery , connect wire from 9 to 19 to clear nvm etc but still no response from keypad , is there anything else i could try ? many thanks

hi from panel wiring is

black wire to bell -

red wire to bell +

blue wire to  scb a

yellow wire to scb t

white wire to strobe -

green wire to strobe +

the ade reson 8 siren box is 

white wire to strobe -

black to trigger -

blue wire to hold off -

red wire to hold off +

yellow wire to rtn -   

hope this helps thanks gaz

the thing thats confusing is that i have the green wire strobe + that has no where to go in the bellbox ?