Security Installer Community

Scantronic Alarm Issue

Hi

I have just joined the forum and if possible need some help !

I have a Scantronice Alarm System and everything has been fine but I think have a issue with one of window sensors a Scantronic 738r.This has only happened after the wife was cleaning the inside of the windows and possibly water has somehow got into the sensor ?

The alarm sets fine and is showing no faults when you go through the key pad how ever after 5mins or so after setting the alarm activates and it states Zone 11 in the log is the culprit.

I have found some paperwork next to the what I believe to be the radio receiver and it's a RFX08 &RFX16 wiring diagram and instructions.

I have been doing some research and done a walk test and only the PIR detectors show on the zones and I am after Zone 11?

My question is how can find out which window sensor is Zone 11 ?

Also as a temporary measure can I just deactivate this one sensor ?

Or do I have to delete all the window sensors ?

The paper work does show a tamper switch Figure 8 so I guess the alarm will activate when I remove this Can this just be silenced by entering my code on the key pad ?

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated or can anyone give me name of a local company that will attend.

Regards

Phil

I have been doing some research and done a walk test and only the PIR detectors show on the zones and I am after Zone 11?

It's a shock sensor so I assume you have tried rattling the windows and then checking which number?

Also as a temporary measure can I just deactivate this one sensor ?

Omit it using the instructions from the user manual.

Or do I have to delete all the window sensors ?

This is an engineering function but that probably isn't the way to go about this.

The paper work does show a tamper switch Figure 8 so I guess the alarm will activate when I remove this Can this just be silenced by entering my code on the key pad ?

Yes, if there is an engineer reset for tamper you may need and engineer to reset it before you can use the system again.

If you have company looking after it you should check with them for doing anything.

It sounds like a hybrid system maybe a 9751?

Anyway if the system hasn't been serviced for a while I suggest you get this done and have them check out the device in question.

It could be the battery, it could be faulty, bird strikes, water ingress, a number of issues really but a service on the system is the first step IMO.

Hi

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes the PIR are wired and the windiw sensors wireless and the control pad is a 9751.

Will try to disable the windiw sensor till I can have this replaced.

I moved here around 2yrs ago so think it is due for a service.

Can anyone recommend someone near Southampton and a rough costing please.

Thanks again it's appreciated

Phil

Hi Charlie

I will try that but they are wireless.

cheers

Phil

Hi

Well tried to disable Zone11 issue but when I tried the zone did not appear on the RFX board ? And when did the walk test there was no zone 11 ?

Also now need a engineer reset as the the alarm sounded with the tamper switch activated !.

Anyone recommend a fitter in or near Southampton ?

cheers

Phil

Can anyone recommend someone near Southampton and a rough costing please.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/268-uk-security-installers-by-regional-police-force/

http://www.nsi.org.uk/directory/

https://ssaib.org/security-provider-search/

I changed the batteries around a year ago but have ordered 5 more just in case.

If you have changed the batteries before with no issues, then I doubt it will be on engineer reset then.

Well tried to disable Zone11 issue but when I tried the zone did not appear on the RFX board ? And when did the walk test there was no zone 11 ?

Also now need a engineer reset as the the alarm sounded with the tamper switch activated !.

Can you clarify exactly what you tried to do, because it doesn't sound like you are trying to omit it like I suggested.