Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gold To Galaxy Rs232 Module Not Connecting

dwdave

Galguy : Ive never programmed and I dont know what SIA3 or TTL is. This is my 1st Pi project more than just building a media player.

Also, I cant go from the Pi Serial Port as the galaxy doesnt have a serial port - not that works anyway.

Hence why it might be overkill just to read some pins, but its basic, which is what I understand!

For now though, I think that the RS232 board has had it and its an expensive upgrade to a Dimesion 96 when I bring in the associated keypads, RSS etc just to get serial functionality back.

Okay, I see that you now have a serial port. I agree after re-reading your posts that it's probably too advanced for you to be writing / modifying the SIA protocol based code. You'll still need to know how to convert levels on the RIO when connecting to the Pi. I think there are links on the older classic panels that you can cut in order to go open collector. It's that or you need to convert down to 3.3V.

DD, I didn't look at the new Pi, as the beagle black is a better solution. I just haven't had time to complete the code for the companion processors to emulate the ethernet module.