Security Installer Community

Help Choosing The Right Panel With Gsm

I would say for a max budget of £500 the OP would be looking DIY rather than approved route (or even good co non-approved for that matter) Texe is a well known established brand ( I dont used Texe but thats more by choice than having anything against them) To find a system with all the features of remote arm disarm GSM and other bells and whistle's your choices are rather limited I would be looking for more than twice your budget to supply and install such a system (Mind you I would be installing door contacts at least on your entry route) 

So my advise would be:

Texecom is fine, fit a door contact on the entry exit point, read the instructions thoroughly, dont expect to get too many bells and whistles for £500, there are aps available but most go via a cloud, so would require some installer intervention ( Manufacturers do not deal directly with the end user they dont buy enough kit to pay for the support required. Yale etc will deal with GP and are set up to do so) you can get a gsm dialer, but if you use a PAYG sim dont forget to regularly top it up otherwise it wont work when you need it too.

Thanks for the replies chaps.  Two models seem to stand out.

Pyronix enforcer 32 GSM:  http://www.pyronix.co.uk/wireless-enforcer-gsm-kit-1.php

Texecom Premier Elite 24-W  - though I think you need to get extra kit for the GSM.

I believe the Pyronix will not arm/disarm via GSM - but will notify.   I may have to just forgo the remote disarm/arm.

The other option is to hack up some GSM connectivity myself - I have a couple Wavecom Fasttrack M1306B devices which are essentially GSM to RS232 modems.  Not sure what kind of programmability any of the these alarms have. 

JP

General Public? / Joe Public? Whats the difference

Thanks for the replies chaps.  Two models seem to stand out.

Pyronix enforcer 32 GSM:  http://www.pyronix.co.uk/wireless-enforcer-gsm-kit-1.php

Texecom Premier Elite 24-W  - though I think you need to get extra kit for the GSM.

I believe the Pyronix will not arm/disarm via GSM - but will notify.   I may have to just forgo the remote disarm/arm.

The other option is to hack up some GSM connectivity myself - I have a couple Wavecom Fasttrack M1306B devices which are essentially GSM to RS232 modems.  Not sure what kind of programmability any of the these alarms have. 

They have keyswitch inputs for arm/disarm