Security Installer Community

Anti-Passback / Paxton

had a project to set up anti-pass back on a Paxton system and ran into a few issues that we managed to overcome on the way.

Site uses 'air-lock' style pods for entry, giving transit complete signal upon second door opening which we use to trigger the contact input. We have to allow 25 seconds for transit to be made on door open relay. The pods are two-way and at times can become extremely busy. Relay 2 is used for door bell signal.

Can anyone suggest the issues they think we may have come across with paxton and which steps they would then take to make the system work correctly. we had to do one or two 'work arounds' which felt quite genius at the time of installing but should not have been needed.

Possibly not quite right for a pod system (I know exactly the ones you mean) but assuming that the pods do not perform any logic themselves?

I mean I've never seen how you would interface to one for a start.

http://www.paxton.co.uk/docs/Application%20notes/AN1106.pdf

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Oh I see, that's like two double pole relays you would use on a maglock system.

The pods have their own logic and the second door opens automatically via pressure pad / pir.

The issue we had is that whilst one person is making transit the keypad / reader still operates, meaning if the door open time was still active, the next user (being impatient) would badge in, the transit complete signal triggers the controller and logs the "impatient user" as already in the building. Meaning they're stuck in the outside world and can not make entry. This was the main issue which Paxton had no fix for.

power down the reader while the relay is active? Never done it before mind

Nearly there, although the reader takes a few seconds to power back up. The way to do it is use relay 2 to cut data from the keypad (yellow wire) for the door open time. Or use a double pole relay on relay 1 (ACU in/ACU out readers both need to be deactivated at the same time)

we now have 4/5 relays inside an ACU to make it do what we want :D

that is all well and good but the double pole relays are bloody expensive when you buy 200 of them lol.

last time we ordered relays from Paxton I think we had in the region of 400 off them, the lady on the phone seemed in disbeleif haha.

I see SCS shop selling them on eBay? (May stand corrected) £17.50, seems good value.