Security Installer Community

System Take Overs

Just getting a feel of what other co's don't on an initial take over

On taking over an existing system we will give 100% test, mark detectors for future 6 monthly/quarterly tests (if not already) and full zone list/plan Any deviations noted and passed to the customer.

It seems a good proportion of these take overs have "50%" test in the log book, but as sensors ain't marked who's to know what's been tested?! And also have no existing zone plans or device lists...

are we being too thorough if there's such a thing?! Just seems lots of fire I see are maybe just functionally tested by a spark and that's that??

Just getting a feel of what other co's don't on an initial take over

On taking over an existing system we will give 100% test, mark detectors for future 6 monthly/quarterly tests (if not already) and full zone list/plan Any deviations noted and passed to the customer.

It seems a good proportion of these take overs have "50%" test in the log book, but as sensors ain't marked who's to know what's been tested?! And also have no existing zone plans or device lists...

are we being too thorough if there's such a thing?! Just seems lots of fire I see are maybe just functionally tested by a spark and that's that??

do 100% on takeovers tho depends on size of job ,we have a multiday inspection code so it can take say 12 hrs over 3 days to do the takeover,tho done one about 2 yrs ago that took 130 man hours over 5 weeks

130 hrs! Farking hell, something to get you're teeth into then??

How do you go about marking heads for the split servicing, coloured dots or some other way?

to be honest I havnt seen the coloured dots thing for a while we do for example (as people have different ways )on a 4 zone system would be wrote down as full test zones 1 and 3 random zones 2 and 4 next vist full test zones 2 and 4 random zones 1 and 3 and sounders and relays marked as tested or not tested if customer declines

to be honest I havnt seen the coloured dots thing for a while we do for example (as people have different ways )on a 4 zone system would be wrote down as full test zones 1 and 3 random zones 2 and 4 next vist full test zones 2 and 4 random zones 1 and 3 and sounders and relays marked as tested or not tested if customer declines

Tbf never thought about it that way, longs its documented that's fair enough (and saves on dots ;-))

130 hrs! Farking hell, something to get you're teeth into then??

it wasn't meant to be but that's how it turned out,4 panel networked gents vigi around 1k devices none with any labels and no paperwork it was a case of testing every device and putting labels in thru the front door ,touch wood it's been fine and gets me plenty of overtime on ri's as customer only lets testing on a weekend

We have just taken over a large college with 8 mx advanced panels. No paperwork, no plans and nothing marked up.

The 1st visit will be 100% with all devices marked up on plans. Then a full report of things we need to do to bring upto standard.

Haha it's going to be a long list.