Security Installer Community

Ios/android App For Cctv Installation Quoting?

Steven_W

When I go to a private customer to go through an installation, it would be handy to have an app where you can go through a list of options to ask the client to give them an accurate quotation.  Larger scale commercial stuff I use the Axis online design tool.

Things I think I would need the app to cover with examples

• Type of system (Analogue, HD-SDI, IP)
  • Number of cameras
  • Type of camera (Bullet, Eyeball dome or traditional)
  • Audio required on cameras?
  • Static or PTZ?
  • If PTZ, 
  • Resolution of camera?
  • Fixed lens or varifocal?
  • Position of cameras with viewing angles
  • Location of DVR/NVR
  • DVR requires secure storage?
  • DVR requires additional cooling?
  • Size of Hard drive
  • Amount of time hard drive will store (with resolution examples)
  • Is power present at DVR location?
  • If not what is required?
  • Location of existing network for connection to DVR/NVR
  • Advise on type of cable (RG59 + power, RG59 + power + data, CAT5e or CAT5e + power)
  • Length of cable runs
  • Whether permanent monitor required
  • More than 1 monitor?
  • If so, type of connection (VGA/Composite/HDMI)
  • If HDMI, use CAT5e/CAT6 with baluns or HDMI cable?
  • Modulator required for integration into TV system?
  • Extended warranty?
  • Support options (e-mail/telephone/remote/site visit)
  • Ability for customer to check options and sign on screen
  • Something to show installation date
  • Option to send check list to customer via e-mail directly from within the app
  • Option for in app purchase to take deposit

I'm sure there are lots of things I have missed out, anyone know of anything like this?  If not I might develop it myself!

Thanks lads

Hmm not sure if thats how I would do it.

First off how would the customer know what he wants? Usually I start of by asking the purpose of the CCTV and then telling the customer what they should have not the other way around. After all Im supposed to be the expert not the customer. I do go to some surveys and customers have an idea of what they want, usually I discover what they want is not what they can afford or has yet to be invented LOL. 

Much as I wouldnt want to tell you how to suck eggs you could simplify what you need by asking:

1 Purpose (This tells you what sort of spec they need)

2 Budget (This tells you what sort of spec they can afford) You could include lease purchase in this discussion

3 Is the CCTV going to be constantly monitored or controlled by a guard ect (If the answer to that one is no, there is no point to PTZ cameras)

After you have worked out the above all you need is a spec sheet on a Driod,  The customer is not gonna know what type of lense or cable you need to work that one out.

Thanks for your response, maybe I didn't word that post properly, the would be just for me to fill out as a result of a consultation, too much gobbledegook for a customer!

I should imagine an app like this would be fairly easy to do, I could do this myself in html

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am new to the cctv business, well i being doing it for 2 years now... done about 12 installations already, so i hope i could answer your questions, well this is how i do it...

I dont use a app but instead I use a paper template for the cctv survey, where i take notes for each camera that is required or that needs installed. 

at the same time, i have a laser measurement tool, so i can measure roughly how much cabling or conduit i will need for each camera... 

At the back of the paper, I do a quick drawing of the floor plan, so i can transfer that drawing later in my office to edraw program for more professional finish.

for quotating a use mhelpdesk is a web-base estimates, invoicing.  I could use the app on my fone, pc or ipad..for road editing and emailing. 

i enclosed a pdf file, that looks very similar to mine, but is very useful

hope this help anyone, and i look forward to other installer methods to make our life easier.

CCTV Survey Form.pdf

Hi, i am new to the cctv business, well i being doing it for 2 years now... done about 12 installations already, so i hope i could answer your questions, well this is how i do it...

I dont use a app but instead I use a paper template for the cctv survey, where i take notes for each camera that is required or that needs installed. 

at the same time, i have a laser measurement tool, so i can measure roughly how much cabling or conduit i will need for each camera... 

At the back of the paper, I do a quick drawing of the floor plan, so i can transfer that drawing later in my office to edraw program for more professional finish.

for quotating a use mhelpdesk is a web-base estimates, invoicing.  I could use the app on my fone, pc or ipad..for road editing and emailing. 

i enclosed a pdf file, that looks very similar to mine, but is very useful

hope this help anyone, and i look forward to other installer methods to make our life easier.

Nice pdf mate, thanks for sharing  :)