Security Installer Community

Intelligent Cctv

AlarmScot

Hey, 

Just wanting to find out if anyone installs Intelligent CCTV. 

I just looked at my work emails and came across one for a well known chain to install intelligent cctv which what I am talking about is CCTV which

Uses Faces and picks them up and tracks them around store and without need for Security Guard to physically do it.   As this chain wants to reduce shrink in there store.   This system could pick up known people to them and auto track them around the store on different cameras and alert staff that that person has entered the store. 

I always from day one found this type of systems Cleaver but scary at same time.   We installed it for Councils & Police and Goverment but never for a Private Chain. 

What do you guys think of systems like this and is it the start of a real CCTV state?

It's inevitable that this system will become more commonplace... to me you can't beat reliable manned security, I dunno if I would be thinking of this as an alternative to security guards, I would look at it as extra protection.  If there is an incident, this will back up any evidence given by security.

We have truly been an Orwellian state for decades and this just ramps things up... pretty soon you'll have terminators with built in facial recognition & instant justice via lasers.... or something!

It's inevitable that this system will become more commonplace... to me you can't beat reliable manned security, I dunno if I would be thinking of this as an alternative to security guards, I would look at it as extra protection.  If there is an incident, this will back up any evidence given by security.

We have truly been an Orwellian state for decades and this just ramps things up... pretty soon you'll have terminators with built in facial recognition & instant justice via lasers.... or something!

The store big problem is they don't have Security Guard all the time or when they got security guard, they are at main door watching cameras,  Now system alerts Duty Manager & Security Guards.  ( They have 1 part time officer)  My personal view was they wanted everything but not willing to pay for the staff.