Security Installer Community

Manufacturer Help

Colin967

Hi. I'm looking at installing a cctv system to cover the rear of my house. I don't have a budget in mind but I would like to install decent kit rather than the off the shelf solutions.

I realise that it's quite a subjective issue with regard to range/lighting etc but I've been looking at Hikvision Hd sdi cameras and dvr. Had anyone used their products ? Are they any good and can you suggest any alternatives that would be worth a look within a reasonable price point

cheers

Colin

Thanks Peter. I'll have a look at the network recorder along with the ip cams as well. I networked the house a while back and have a few future proof cat6 cables run into the loft area so ip may be an option. I'll have a look for a video comparison for similar systems

cheers

Colin

Thanks for that, I'm not an expert either. I'm building the system from scratch so if I go for hd sdi I'll use rg59. If I go ip I'll use the spare cat6 cables which are already in place. The wiring isn't really an issue I'm an electrician to trade. I'm looking for reasonable resolution and ease of use. I'm just not familiar with reliable manufacturing companies.

Excellent. Thanks for your help. I didn't realise a new range was coming out. The issues with regard to cables is interesting as is your sway towards ip. That's the kind of information that's invaluable as you guys are fitting systems on a regular basis whereas mine is a one off.

cheers

Colin