Security Installer Community

Alarm advicefor DIY install

Guest manwithtool

The link you posted refering to the texecom kit your going to buy states the kit comes with a keypad, maybe you should read again what your about to purchase.

Other than that it should do the job your after, provided you read the instructions properly :P

I,m sure if your stuck we will be able to help out, i know we will hear from you soon, i read it in my tealeaves!

Guest manwithtool
The link you posted refering to the texecom kit your going to buy states the kit comes with a keypad, maybe you should read again what your about to purchase.

Other than that it should do the job your after, provided you read the instructions properly :P

I,m sure if your stuck we will be able to help out, i know we will hear from you soon, i read it in my tealeaves!

25476[/snapback]

Ian,

I did read the list but if I read it correctly the control panel doesn't have a keypad, so as I have 2 exit/entrance points I want to have a keypad at each...hence the extra keypad.

As for needing more help......I suspect your tealeaves are correct....I don't pretend to be any type of expert, but do have some understanding of these things.

cheers

Excel nice bit of kit with the LCD keypad, if you think you might just go over your 8 zones, use latching detectors, and dont forget the extra cores in your cable. Don't use EOL.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest manwithtool
Excel nice bit of kit with the LCD keypad, if you think you might just go over your 8 zones, use latching detectors, and dont forget the extra cores in your cable. Don't use EOL.

25578[/snapback]

EOL ? Seems everyone is on about using 8 core cable ? should I install it with 8 core.....Can't see a reason to do this at the moment, although I'm all for a bit of pre planning for things in the future. What would I use the extra wires for ?

I think 8 zones will be ok..just

cheers

Can you tell me what used up the 8 zones ? I'm probably not going to bother with upstairs so 4 PIR's downstairs and 2 doors front and back. Should leave me two spare ? maybe use one for a smoke alarm

Hi there:

Front door, back door, patio door = 3

Lounge, Dining room, Utility room (has back door) = 3

Hall, Landing = 2

Panic Alarm separate connection

RKP

Now thinking of Smokes and Garage and possibly additional internal protection on the route to the panel.

Guest manwithtool
Can you tell me what used up the 8 zones ? I'm probably not going to bother with upstairs so 4 PIR's downstairs and 2 doors front and back. Should leave me two spare ? maybe use one for a smoke alarm

Hi there:

Front door, back door, patio door = 3

Lounge, Dining room, Utility room (has back door) = 3

Hall, Landing = 2

Panic Alarm separate connection

RKP

Now thinking of Smokes and Garage and possibly additional internal protection on the route to the panel.

25689[/snapback]

OK OK. I give in. Looks like I might need to find a control panel that can be expanded to take more than 8 zones ! and I might as well install 8 core wire.

Really appreciate the help, advice, and even the odd sarcastic comment !

Just need to install as many wires as I might possibly need while I have all the floors up !

Thanks again

Guest manwithtool
Good advice as me old grandad used to say...do it right do it once.

25997[/snapback]

Well I've ordered my alarm equipment and I suspect I will get round to actually installing the hardwire in a month or twos time. Cables will go in right now before the plasterer arrives.

I'll try and post how I got on with the set up then. Might help someone ? might help convince someone to get help sooner rather than later.

Great site,

Archived