Security Installer Community

Can Anyone Please Help

Hi everyone I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if someone could help. I had a friends dad to fit an alarm in my house and in my barn I have the gartec 600 series in the house with a wireless add on for other areas that he coukd not get cables to all is working perfectly and very happy with it he also fitted a 490x panel in the barn with gartec beams a roller shutter contact and a heavy duty door contact he had nearly finished that install and was taken seriously ill so I was wondering if someone could help me with the connection of the roller shutter and door contact both are in place jusg need connecting up I have run the mains cable from the mains box to a 3amp fused spur I know how to do this but I have 6 core cable going to the roller shutter contact and the door contact but I have 2 red and 2 white on each of the contacts could someone advise how to connect these or if you have any pictures available as I cant seem to find anything online everything else is wired up fine would just like to connect these and get the system working without bothering him as he is very ill at the moment thanknyou in advance sorry if this is a stupid request

Hi there yes I do have the engineers manual for the alarm that is not the problem as the contacts were already fitted on the doors without being connected to the 6core I am unsure which colours to connect up don't have the instruction manuals with these contacts i don't have any photos as I have no idea how to post them sorry but if it's any help both of the contacts have a metal sleeve on the cable but I am sure you already know this anyway thanks again

Hi there the beams are wired I have 2 sets of beams there is six core to the first one and the 14 core to the other 3beams I will be programming it from the start I am pretty confident on that as I programmed the house system from the installation manual

From me googling eol wiring I think you mean resistors ? There are no resistors fitted in anything else do I need to fit them on the door contacts

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Hi Happychappy,

Sounds like you either have our F10CMULTI (G2) or our YF10C (G3).

Both product web links are listed below fyi, and each of those contains downloadable install sheets which will show you the colours you need to connect to get this baby firing:

F10CMULTI:

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/view_item.asp?id=331

YF10C:

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/view_item.asp?id=279

:techsupport: