Security Installer Community

Re Gardtec 840

Hi

I have a fairly old gardtec 840 installation...

I have one part set, for night use.

I want to add a zone to this part set, but can't see how to do it....no mention in my manual.

The manual says there is a user code and an engineer code.

I asked the installer company for the engineer code, as they were about to go out of business, but they told me that they do not keep a record of it....

I entered my user code and was able to change the chime status and it appears to let me change the user codes, although I didn't change anything.

So is it possible that the engineer code is the same as the user code ? As the chime status change is meant to be engineer only.

So wondered if there were a procedure for changing part set zones.....

If I have this all wrong, what would be the procedure to reset the system, to allow me to enter a new engineer code.

Many thanks

They should not give out the engineer code for security reasons, so I suspect they said they didn't have it to be more polite.

Usually of course they would either come and do the work, or, change the engineer cod to something of your choosing

for a fee.

The engineer code will be quite separate to the user code,

You have 2 choices, really (and this is assuming the code is not 'locked', as I think it can be on these models)

1. Get another company in to 'crash' the panel and reset the engineer code, then add the extra zone

2. Default and 'crash' the panel yourself.

Sadly we cannot give out any information on how to crash a panel on this site.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi

I have been lucky enough to get the engineer code and have changed it to one I will remember.

I just need an engineers manual to show how to change / add part set alarms.

I used to do this with the previous gardtec model, so am familiar, just would be easier with some instructions.

If not I will plough through and make up my own chart.

I do not intend changing anything system critical, just alarm settings for my own use.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Either omit the extra circuit through the user mode when setting ( an extra few seconds/  key presses, instructions in the user manual) or get a company to program the extra circuit into the ' part set' mode so the extra circuit is isolated automatically.

Even if you have the eng manual, you can run the risk of isolating circuits without realising, and rendering the entire system useless.

If you rely on the system for insurance purposes, any alterations need to be documented by a certified eng/ company.