Security Installer Community

Help With Connecting "push To Exit Switch"

k4rlh48

Hi,

i am new to this forum and looking for abit of help.

I have just moved into a new office block which as door access control, all the system is up and running but none of the green push to exit buttons are connected. everything is connected except the red and black.

There is 3 cables coming out the wall and connected on connector blocks. I need to connect the red and black from the switch to one of the cables.

If anyone can help me it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately '3 cables' doesn't mean anything to anyone other than the original installer.

What system is it, and if the buttons aren't working how are you getting in and out? Why were they not connected?

I would be cautious if you don't know what you are doing as you could cause a serious safety issue.

I hope there are green 'breakglass' units too? 

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes just moved in. a Company is coming to install some software and program us some cards but they are not connecting the push buttons they said that is upto us to do.

There is power to the card reader because the red light is on.

If you could help that would be brilliant.

I would simply get a better company.

Unless there is something unusual about your circumstances I'd avoid them like the plague if they are not

savvy enough to investigate and repair the hardware.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

As above if you get it wrong , in an emergency you might not be able to exit even with break glass switchs

£1000 include fault finding and any new cables or just to go round a connect 3wires as you say in each