Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini - Attack Light Always On

Hi guys

I have a Accenta 8 mini.  The system went off so I disconnected batteries and took power to transformer off and left it.  The battery in the system has now died but one in bell box is still strong (chargers up when you put power on and alarm goes off).

I would like to recommission alarm so have followed the manual, conning 17 to 27 and powering on which works with powering up unit and now alarm, Tamper and attack showing on control panel as they should.  I then remove 17-27 link and replace lid and tamper goes out but attack stays on, I have pressed reset but cannot clear this attack light.  Any advice? (I haven't got a battery backup in the system but this doesn't matter according to the manual), I would buy one if I could perform a full reset, but if I cant I will have to buy a new unit hence not waiting to buy a batter yet.

Many Thanks

Sheldon

Your first statement was a bit confusing, if anything if bell box battery was strong it would have rang for a few hours when you disconnected the main system battery and mains

It's taking power from panel when you put power on perhaps